Cleaning a Textured Refrigerator

I hate those rough texture coats they put on refrigerators, they are hard to clean? Any suggestions would be great, plus I am a smoker so that doesn't help any.

Sue Ramsey From Washington,IN

Best Answer

I squirt ammonia and water on mine and use a rough towel to wipe it off. The smoke residue and grime just disappear. Frugal too!

Rubbing alcohol removes Sharpie ink on clothing and hard surfaces. You can try hair spray if the surface is vertical. It is the alcohol that removes the stain. It may require more than one application and it is best to let it sit for awhile, but do not let it dry out.

Best Answer

I use Dow scrubbing bubbles, Just spray til wet, wait a min. wipe. I also smoke, and this works for walls, everything.

Have you tried the Mr Clean Magic Eraser? It works wonders on mine.

I have one of those stream sprayers, and it works very well on textured appliances and painted walls.

I have the same 'fridge and I use Windex - the green stuff. It works wonderfully! No scrubbing, just wifpe

I have the same problem and the only thing that works is the Mr. Clean Erasers. I cut them in 4 pieces and they last longer.

I use Lysol Tub and Tile cleaner in the spray can. The foaming action gets into the areas with ease! Spray from the bottom then go up for best results. I have virtually replaced my cleaning supplies with this stuff and have been using it for years. Works on linoleum and textured wallboard too! Makes cleaning the walls much easier and the house smells clean, clean, clean! Tough areas I use a inexpensive scrub brush after I let the foam sit for a few minutes. I have also used this on glass pieces that have been in storage and collected dust/dirt(like cut glass punch bowls, platters, etc). Gets right into those hard crevices. I have tried various store brand foaming cleaners and also Scrubbing Bubbles, but found Lysol works the best! Have had no discoloration on anything. Works great on trash buckets too.

I don't have any problem with my white textured frig but we have no smokers in the house. I just wipe mine off from time to time with a damp cloth or a little window cleaner and paper towel. It seems the handles are what get dirty and I just use a Magic Eraser on them.

I imagine there are other things in your house that get a smoke film on them. I have never smoked but my husband used to smoke a pipe. I remember how the TV screen was and curtains :-(

Mr. Clean Magic Erasers work great!

I clean mine with a wet rag, and a spray bottle with alcohol in it. It works great. even around difficult areas (handle). Plus, it sanitizes it.

Besides all these cleaners there is one other thing you can try. My hubby and I are both smokers, but we NEVER smoke in the house. My mother smokes in the house and whenever I visit all you can smell is cigarette smoke. And the ceiling and walls are always stained yellow. So, I learnt from that.

We use "Scrubbing Bubbles"- OR for a really greasy 'fridge exterior: it is so perfect to use "409 Carpet-Spot & Stain Remover. Just spray it on,wait 5 minutes, then wipe it off with a damp clean cloth. No worries!

row of white refrigerators
Cleaning Textured Appliances
Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesMay 15, 2006
A bathtub.
Cleaning a Textured Bathtub Floor
Saving Money on a Refrigerator, A new side by side refrigerator and freezer in stainless steel.
Saving Money on a Refrigerator
Cleaning Tile Floors, Textured blue floor tile.
Cleaning Textured Flooring
View of the water line.
Flushing a Refrigerator Water Line
🎉
🎄