Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Troubleshooting Truck Heater Problems

0 0EmailFollow
Place holder photo. Please share a photo for this guide.

When your vehicle's heater is not blowing hot air, you need to figure out why not. This guide is about troubleshooting truck heater problems.

Here are questions related to Troubleshooting Truck Heater Problems.

Question: Heater Not Blowing Air Out of the Vents

I have a 2000 Ford F-150. The heater is not blowing air out of the vents. I changed the heater core, switch, and resistor. It did not fix anything. I can feel heat and cold air barely coming out of openings, just not blowing it out.

By JMcc

Question: Truck Heater Only Blowing Cold Air

I have a 2009 Ford F150; all I got is cold air, no hot air. What could be wrong? Please help.

By Tina

Question: Truck Heater Not Blowing Out Vents

I have a1998 Chevy Cheyenne K 1500. My blower seems to work fine. It won't blow out of any of the vents.

By Kevin

Question: My Heater Doesn't Work But Air Still Blows

Red SUVI have a 2000 Ford Explorer V6 4.0L SOHC. I was changing the spark plugs and saw two bad collapsed hoses, so I changed them. Afterwards I noticed my heat did not work, but it still blows harder than before. What could it be?

By LC Waller

Most Recent Answer

By jude [3]03/05/2014

It could be the thermostat has stuck or gone bad.

Question: Truck Heater Blower Motor Not Working

I own a 2005 GMC Sierra pick-up. I changed the fuse under the hood marked "blwr" which I assumed was the fuse leading to the blower motor. I put in a 40 amp fuse. But this was no help. Then, I put in another fuse (brand new), but still nothing. Can you help? Thanks!

By Bob

Question: Chevy Truck Heater Windshield Vents Not Working

My 2005 Chevy z71 is not blowing heat on the windshield, but it is blowing heat everywhere else. What is the trouble?

By S Butler

Question: Truck Heater Problems

I have a 2001 Chevy Silverado 1500. I just recently put it in the shop and had the entire ac system replaced. The heater will work if it's pulling air from outside, but as soon as you put it to recirculate the compressor kicks on and blows ice cold. The guy at the shop acted dumbfounded when I asked him about it. Help please.

By Derik

Question: Floor Vent in Chevy Truck Not Closing

In my 93 Chevy k1500 the floor vents stay open, even if the air is off. It blows hot air onto my legs.

By centralflbassin1

Question: A/C and Heating Fan Not Working Properly

Why does the fan in my '98 Chevy 1500 turn on and off by itself?

By TyC

Most Recent Answer

By Gloria Z [5]02/22/2014

Sounds like an electrical problem to me. If you don't have the manual for your car go online and get one. Look up the problem once you get the manual.

Question: Truck Heater Blows Cold Air

The heater in my '97 Dodge Dakota only blows cold air. After running for about 30 minutes it starts to blow lukewarm air.

By Wiggles

Most Recent Answer

By Louise B.02/16/2014

Need a new thermostat? Maybe need fluid in your radiator? Take it to a mechanic who can take a look at things and fix your vehicle.

Question: Truck Heater Only Blowing Warm Air

I have a '96 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9 and the heat/ac is blowing lukewarm air on hot and nice and cold on a/c. The heater hoses in and out of the heater core are equal to temp of radiator hoses (nice and hot, 195 to 200 degrees). There is nice air movement, but just not getting hot enough. Could it be my blend door?

By Andy D.

Question: Dodge Making Clicking Sound on Defrost Setting

I own a 2000 Dodge. When I switch over to defrost, it makes this weird clicking sound and since I don't know anything about cars I can't give you any more help than that of anything that would be causing this problem.

Something by the belt stops spinning every once in awhile, if that helps.

By Conor

Most Recent Answer

By Louise B.02/14/2014

If you know nothing about cars, why are you asking advice here? What are you going to do if someone could tell you what the problem is? If there is just a clicking noise, and everything works properly, leave it alone till your next oil change, and then mention it when you take it to the shop for the oil change, and a mechanic, who is trained to deal with vehicles, will look into it, and fix it. You don't have to diagnose the problem; you simply report the symptoms. Mechanics prefer it that way.

Question: Ford Truck Heater is Stuck on Defrost

I have a 2000 Ford F250 4x4 7.3 diesel club cab truck. My heater has good heat, but is stuck in defrost even though I move the knob to floor heat. What do I need to look for?

By Jerry D.

Question: Troubleshooting 2007 GMC Duramax Heater

My 2007 GMC Duramax truck heater will not switch off of defrosting the windshield.

By Chris H.

Question: Truck Heater Not Working

What would be the problem if there's no power to the plug for the resistor?

By Samuel from Russellville, AR

Most Recent Answer

By Jess02/17/2014

The guide that is attached to this post has a lot of good suggestions. Here is a direct link to that guide. Click on any post to see all the information posted.

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf643993.tip.html

If you find a solution, please report back and let us know what you found.

Best Wishes,

Jess
ThriftyFun

Question: Truck Heater/Conditioner Making a Clicking Noise

Controls on dash.My 2006 Dodge Dakota heater/conditioner makes a fast clicking sound when I change from floor to defrost, etc.

By DMcK

Best Answer

By Louise B.02/09/2014

If all it does is make an odd noise, and everything works well, I wouldn't worry about it. Mention it to your mechanic the next time you take it in for an oil change (assuming that you go to a certified mechanic for this, and not one of those places with staffed with people who only know how to do oil changes.)

Question: Truck AC/Heater Blower Working Intermittently

I have an 04 Chevy Silverado 5.3 and I'm having heater problems. I'm not getting any air hot or cold blowing out, but when I get on the highway a very small amount will blow out. Days will go by and then out of nowhere the blower well start to work and blow perfectly fine on all speeds for a day or so and then it will stop.

By Andrew S. from Kansas

Best Answers

By Edith Crump02/10/2014

Try having this done. Back flush the heater core. It cost me $100.00 to have. I had no heat at all.
I am 79, coming on 80 years old and still learning about a car. I own a
1994 Ford Crown Vic named Louie and he takes me everywhere. Hope this helps! Mrs C.

Best Answers

By Laura02/07/2014

This same thing was happening in my husband's jeep. It was the heater core that had to be replaced.

Question: Heater Not Working on '95 Tahoe

My heater control panel went out on my 95 Tahoe. How can I get heat?

By Ryan

Most Recent Answer

By Louise B.02/09/2014

Take it to a shop and get a mechanic to fix it. They train for this sort of job. If it was as easy to fix as changing a light bulb, there wouldn't be shops full of guys being paid to do it for you.

Question: Ford Explorer Heater Doesn't Work

I have a 1998 Ford Explorer. My heat went out a month ago, but just by dumb luck I started hammering around the metal housing, and luckily, the heat came on. But now, the tapping doesn't work anymore. I use to get some warm air, but now I have none. Is it possible that my blower motor went out, or could it be something else?

By Tiffany S. from Gary

Best Answer

By David M.02/07/2014

More then likely it is indeed your blower motor that has died.

Question: Adjusting Truck Heater Directional Controls

How do I fix my 2008 Dodge Ram1500 heater? When I adjust my heater to the floor it goes to the defrosters.

By Joel from Warren, MI

Most Recent Answer

By Louise B.02/11/2014

If you have to ask those sorts of questions on a household hints site, it is beyond your skills to fix. Take it to a shop and let the mechanics there fix it, so you will have heat in the winter.

Question: No Power to Truck Heater

My 1993 Silveraldo 1500 heater has got no power. I checked the fuse; it's OK. I had a dead battery and after recharging it I had no power to the heater. Is there a second fuse? I'm at a loss. It worked fine before the battery died.

By Ted

Question: Heater Blower Problems

I have an 05 Ram 1500 and the blower won't blow. I've checked power to the motor and resistor. I checked all fuses I could find, and I checked my selector switch. What do I need to do or check?

By aj

Question: Truck Heater Blowing Cold Air

I have a 2005 Tahoe. I changed my heater core and now it's only blowing cold air in the front.

By Angela

Question: Truck Heater Not Working

The cab does not heat up. I changed the thermostat, but it still doesn't heat. It is a 2000 model. Please help.

By Rex

Question: Heater Not Blowing Hot Air

I have Ford E 250. The heater blower works, but there is no hot air.

By Mark

Most Recent Answer

By Louise B.01/17/2014

Take it to a mechanic. They train to fix problems with vehicles.

Question: Truck Heater Blowing Cold Air

I have a 2000 Dodge truck. I have a full radiator and a new thermostat. I flushed the heater core and it is still blowing cold air.

By Terry from Stafford, VA

Question: Truck Heater Blowing Cold Air

My heater only blows hot air on the low setting, but cold air on high.

By Brandon

Most Recent Answer

By Brent01/17/2014

This usually means the antifreeze is old, and needs to be changed. It still has some ability to hold heat, so you get heat on low, but when you switch to high the extraction of heat is faster than the fluid can absorb. Replacing the antifreeze solution completely should solve this problem. You might also want to look at your thermostat, since a poorly functioning thermostat can create the same problem, except it never allows the heat to build up as high as it once did.

Question: Truck Heater Blower Won't Work on High Speed

The blower on my '91 Explorer was only working a little bit. It had all the signs of the resistor going bad, so I replaced the resistor. Now the blower works at the lower speeds, but not at the high speed. What might the problems be?

By William

Most Recent Answer

By Wanda 01/14/2014

I'm pretty sure it's the wiring harness. I had a Chevrolet Colorado with the exact issue and it was the wiring harness. If possible you could take to a garage that specializes in electrical issues and have the work done much, much cheaper than dealer. Hope this helps.

Question: 2014 Chevy Silverado Blows Hot Air With Heater Off

My new pick-up is blowing hot air out of the vents even when my heat is off. The only way to stop this, is to close all the vents and that's hard to do when driving and the other vents are on the other side of the truck. Once the heat is off I should not be getting heat coming out of the vents. This is over heating the inside of the cab and I have to open windows.

Does anyone know why this is happening? They have a recall that a part will cause a fire. I wonder if this could be happening to my truck? I am going to take it in once they send the letter for recall. Thank you!

By beachbumdaddy

Most Recent Answer

By AmyM01/17/2014

It might be the switch is bad, I had that happen in my Tahoe. Your truck should be under warranty so I would just get it fixed, no reason to wait on a recall letter.

Question: Truck Heater Doesn't Work Weather Below 50

I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500. My heat works in 50 degree weather, but not below. The AC works great.

By Corey

Question: Truck Heater Only Blows Hot on Passenger Side

My 03 Dodge 1500 only blows hot air on the passenger side.

By Bruce

Most Recent Answer

By Louise B.01/08/2014

Some thing blocking the vent or a "hose" of some sort that has become disconnected? I'd go to a mechanic, of course. If it is something very minor, it will likely not cost you much. (Of course, I deal with a small mechanic shop, not a big dealership or, heaven forbid, a large chain.)

Question: Truck Heater Not Blowing Hot Air

Sometimes it does, but not all of the time. It is just warm, not hot.

By Timothy

Most Recent Answer

By April01/06/2014

Are you low on antifreeze? Could also be a heater core.

Question: 98 MC 1500 Heater Problems

I am just wondering if anyone has any ideas, I'm running out. My 98' GMC Sierra 1500 has an issue with the heat control (off, low, med, high). The plug behind it melted, so I spliced in a new plug and temperature control. I replaced the resistor as well. Any ideas where to venture next?

By Darren

Question: Truck Heater Not Coming Up to Temperature

My 2001 GMC Sierra isn't coming up to temp and it's blowing out warm air. It took 15 minutes of drive time too get to 180 degrees.

By Tim

Question: 1987 Chevy Heater Not Working

I have no heat in the cab of my 1987 Chevy v10 truck. It has a new heater core. The system is clean and the AC works in the summer. Why doesn't the heat work?

By ElmerJ

Question: Heater Not Working in 1997 Dodge Ram Truck

Can you manually change the cold to heat under the dash on a 1997 Dodge Ram truck? The control knob on the dash does not seem to be moving anything, it moves way too freely. If I can change it from cold to hot under the dash please help me. I am freezing when I drive the truck.

By Larry C.

Question: Truck Fan Wiring

Is the black wire on the fan behind the glovebox a ground wire or power?

By Niles from Bethel, VT

Question: Truck Heater Blower Not Working

I have a 2008 Ranger and the heater blower just stopped working at any speed. I get heat, but no blower speed.

By D Whitt

Most Recent Answer

By Louise B.01/04/2014

This is likely not a complicated problem, but if you have no clue whatsoever (which is my situation), take it to a shop and have the mechanic fix it. People who nothing about motors should not attempt to fix them.

Question: 2002 Ram Truck Heater Blowing Cold Air on Driver's Side

I have heat blowing from the passenger side vents, but cold air from the driver side vents. I was told to blowout my heatercore to unclog. Is this true?

By Robert

Question: Chevy Truck Heater Blower Not Working Properly

The heater blower on my 1999 Chevy K1500 comes on and off when it wants to. What is causing this?

By Rich

Question: Truck Heater Temperature Gauge Not Working

My Chevy C1500 pickup truck temperature gauge started too hot, then drops to cold, and then no heat. Then it starts working right. What can be the problem?

By genie

Question: Heat Only Works When Driving

I have a 2003 Dodge Dakota; the heat only comes out when I'm accelerating.

By George

Question: No Hot Air in my '92 Chevy s10

I have a 1992 Chevy s10. The heater will not blow hot air and the only air that it does blow comes out of the floor vent behind the stick shift. It comes from there no matter which setting it is on. Any help would be much appreciated. The cold has set in.

By James R.

Most Recent Answer

By uhohgecko12/27/2013

If you're air is just barely blowing, you may need a new blower motor. If your air is blowing, but isn't hot I would guess that you need a coolant flush. Hopefully you don't need a new heater core. But I digress. . .

If you can't change the direction of the air flow in your pick-up chances are that the cable or control arm connected to the actuator broke. Could be that it somehow disconnected, but not likely.

If you're feeling frisky you can go to your local library and review a Chilton's manual or something of the like. If I remember correctly, you'll want to locate a GM pick-up manual. You'll find step-by-step instructions on how to take everything apart.

Remember: It's not that working on your vehicle is difficult. It's just a matter of how much time it takes, and whether or not you have the tools to do the job. To my experience you'll most likely need some screwdrivers, a socket wrench with metric sockets, and some star bits. And a good light source is a must. You can get a "security set" of something like 100 bits at Harbor Freight for about ten bucks.

Take your time, pay attention, and make the effort to be organized.

Question: Only Floor Vents Work on Truck Heater

The blower works, but only on the floor setting. There is no defrost or air from the vents.

By Joe from ME

Most Recent Answer

By Louise B.12/24/2013

If you want to fix this yourself, which I wouldn't do - I'd take it to a mechanic - but you might check for some obstruction in the vents, such as a mouse nest.

Air blows through, but no heat. The heater core is good. Someone said might be vent dew?

By E Fields from Silver Springs, NV

Most Recent Answer

By Louise B.12/24/2013

Whenever this has happened to someone around here, it is usually the thermostat. I suggest taking it to a mechanic. If you have to ask for advice on this type of helpful hints email, you should likely get someone who has training to do your vehicle repairs.

Question: Heater Not Working Properly in 2003 Dodge

I have a 2003 Dodge 1500 Hemi. The heat on the seats works well and the heat on the window barely blows any heat. What would be wrong with this?

By gail

Most Recent Answer

By Louise B.12/19/2013

The heat in the seats has nothing whatsoever to do with your defrost or heater.

I would go to a mechanic in a good shop. If you have to ask what could be the problem, you are not going to be able to fix it yourself.

Question: Heater Vents Not Working in F150

Why does the air in my 95 F 150 only come out of defrost vent no matter where the air directional knob is?

By PFC from Elkridge, MD

I have a 2009 GMC Wt truck. About a month ago, lukewarm air only would come out. I also noticed at the same time that the left and right blinkers worked, but no noise, just visual. The radiator is full. Today, no heat at all, just cold air. Temp reads 210 on average.

By Troy

Question: Truck Heater Not Working

I have a '99 e250 truck. The heater core hoses won't get hot neither will heater core. I replaced all hoses and radiator including thermostat. After a fix for overheating, neither the heat core lines nor the core will get hot. Stop Leak has been put in old radiator. I used a hose to flush the core and did get water to go through under high pressure, from hose.

By Erick from Baltimore, MD

Question: 1993 S-10 A/C Heater Not Blowing Air

I have a 1993 Chevy S-10 pickup and the a/c and heater does not blow air.

By Ronald

Most Recent Answer

By Louise B.12/16/2013

Go see a mechanic. They go to school and train so they solve these sorts of problems.

Question: Truck Heater Not Working

I have changed my heater core out and put in a new thermostat. The blower is working, it is getting hot at the core, but no circulation. I have a '96 GMC Sierra.

By Brad

Question: 98 Dodge Dakota Heater Not Working

I recently changed out my heater core because it was leaking. I purchased an after market part which turned out to be slightly smaller than the original. After putting everything back together I didn't get the same heat as before. If I sit parked I get heat, but once I drive down the road, it cools off. Someone told me if I put it on max ac, it will recirculate the cab air, and then it works decently. If I switch it to defrost or any other setting, it starts to cool down. It's as if I have too much air coming in and bypassing the core. The gauge on the dash says the temp is good and I have done everything possible to trouble shoot this (thermostat, bleed the coolant line, etc.). I also have a draft coming from the passenger side under the dash. What am I missing? I had plenty of heat before this all took place.

By Kent R

Most Recent Answer

By caleliv8802/01/2014

I have a 1995 Chevy Silverado k1500 and I have the same problem. If you have fixed yours please post the issue. I also have had my hand on the heater core when hot then turned on the fan to blow hot air and half the core will be ice cold while the other side of core is hot. This is with the brand new core put in.

cale

Question: 1997 Ford Ranger Heater Problem

When it is really cold out, my Ranger does not throw very much warm air. When it is warmer out it throws plenty of heat. The heater door does not operate, but is in the right position. Both the in and out heater hoses get hot. Has anybody run into this problem before? The temperature gauge always runs where it is suppose to be. Every so often after 4 or 5 miles the temperature gauge will drop all the way down and then blow cold air and then slowly go back up. Thanks for the help.

By Mark L.

Question: '95 Dodge Dakota Heater Not Blowing Hot Air

The heater in my 95 Dodge Dakota does not blow hot air. I can hear it switch from hot to cold and the blower and compressor are both working so what else could it be?

By Debra from Houston

Most Recent Answer

By Louise B.12/13/2013

I think it is the thermostat when this happens. Take it to a reputable mechanic and tell him the problem. Don't try to do half of his job for him; don't tell him what you want replaced, as that may not really be the problem. Just tell him you want the heater to heat! My son is a mechanic, and he says it is not helpful for the customer to come in and tell the professional mechanic what to do. Often that doesn't solve the problem. Let your mechanic do the work for which he was trained.

Question: 1999 Dodge Ram Heater/AC Problem

My 1999 Dodge Ram swaps from cold to hot and back randomly. What could be the problem?

By Tad

Question: Truck Heater Problems

My 2011 F150 blows hot air on the passenger side, but cold on the driver side.

By Wes

Question: Dodge Ram Heater Problems

I have a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 and when I turn on the heater all I get is a little bit of heat only on low fan speed. When I turn up the fan speed it still blows, but cooler instead of hotter. Can anybody help me with my heater problem? Thank you.

By Daniel from Austin, TX

Question: Problems With 1997 Mazda B2300 Heater

My heater knob was stuck and only blowing out hot air. Now it is stuck only blowing out cold air. The knob turns both directions.

By Larry

Question: Truck Heater Won't Blow Hot Air

The heater will not blow hot air. The truck doesn't run hot and cools fine.

By Tim

Most Recent Answer

By Lizzyanny11/24/2013

Your heater fan is broken.

Question: 2008 GMC Only Blows Hot Air

I have a 2008 GMC and it only blows hot air. Please help.

By D.O. from Saskatoon, SK

Question: Chevy Truck Heater Not Blowing Warm Air

My heater is not blowing on the floor or dash. It blows out the vents, but not warm air. The compressor keeps kicking on and off even when the A/C is not off.

By Terri

Question: 1997 Dodge Dakota Heater Doesn't Work

The air conditioner works, but heater does not. Any help?

By Francisco

Question: Dodge Dakota Heater Not Working Properly

The heat on my 2001 Dodge Dakota only works on the third setting half the time, but you have to giggle the key. All my fluids are fine, but I'm not sure what else it could be. Help?

By Ashley

Question: GMC Heater Broken and Parts Lost Inside Vents

Heater fan.I have a 1995 GMC K1500. My motor on the blower/fan was making a loud noise. I removed it cleaned it and oiled the shaft. I put it back in and it was still noisy. So I bought a new one and installed it. There are 5 screws and it only fits one way. Everything was good and tight.

I fired the truck up and turned the heat on high. It ran great for about 20 seconds then made a God awful noise. I took it apart and the fan was gone except for where it mounts to motor. My question is what caused this? And where did all the parts of the fan end up? Do I need to worry with them? I got Auto Zone to swap the part for free. I don't want to install till I know what's going on. Is there any way to vacuum out the passages to the vents? Please help.

By Stokes S

Question: Heater Air Not Blowing on all Speeds

My heater only blows air on the highest setting. No air comes out on low or mid settings. My blower motor went out and I replaced it, but now it only blows on high. I have a 2006 Ram 1500 truck.

By c. gamel

Most Recent Answer

By Robbie E.03/08/2014

Check your blower motor resistor I think it's under your glove box.

Question: 2000 GMC Sierra Heater Not Working Properly

The heater in my 2000 GMC Sierra on occasion will get warm, but doesn't stay that way for long. Will flushing my system work or could there be another problem?

By Richard

Question: Heating Problem in Truck

I have cleaned my system out. I have made sure my hoses were not crossed, I have coolant, I have changed my thermostat and I have also made sure my core was not stopped up. I still have no heat, just cold air. I have checked my flap with my knob controls and it opens and closes. What can I do for the problem?

By L.S.

Most Recent Answer

By Helmut10/30/2013

Don't worry about the air duct flap. Find the fluid control valve, that sends hot radiator fluid to the small interior radiator. Most likely that valve is stuck.
On most vehicles that valve is a rotary type valve, and luckily, some WD40 and some energetic cranking back and forth with some vise-grips for a few minutes, will loosen it up. Disconnect the wire or cable pull running to it, before you start forcing it.

If you can't loosen it up, replace it.
Have fun!
DearWebby

Question: Ford 150 Heater Not Working

My 2001 Ford 150xl v6 heater was making a flapping sound for awhile and has stopped. It stopped blowing heat, but would work by tapping the heater now there is no heat. What is the problem?

By RD

Most Recent Answer

By telvis5512/02/2013

Check your heater blend door motor.

Question: Truck Heater Problems

There is no heat. There is fluid in the radiator, but the two lines going in the fire wall are hot.

Roger

Question: Truck is Blowing Hot Air When Set to Cool

My truck blows hot air when the fan is off and the temperature setting control is on cold.

By Joe

Question: 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 Heater Won't Turn Off

My daughter's truck heater won't stop working even when it is turned off. It is worse when the truck is accelerating, pressing on the gas pedal. We have tried putting it on the a/c side and it stills blows just as hot, and I mean really hot. My 1975 Dodge D100 has similar problems, while my Dodge Caravan just needs to be set to the a/c side to have it stop blowing hot at least. No one around our small town knows what we are talking about, meaning the mechanics.

By Laurie C.

Question: Heater Not Working in 1996 Ford Ranger

I have a 1996 Ford Ranger. Recently the heat stopped working. I changed the thermostat and the heater core and still no heat, please help.

By Bob

Most Recent Answer

By kimberly02/07/2013

We bought my daughter a 1998 ford ranger. The air conditioner would not hold charge. Then the heater would blow luke warm air even after running for a long while. Since I really dont know if yours is doing this or just not working all together. It's really hard to say but, here is what we did to fix hers with her problem. It's called air door actuator.

If you are close to a napa store the part number is 655-1551 (this was for a 1998), but still might be the same. And here was the kicker; t was located inside of the glove box. Well the glove box was taken out it was in behind it. Hope this helps or it may help someone....and my husband says I shouldnt keep all those boxes of used parts...lol.

Question: Ranger Heater Only Runs on High Speed

I have only high speed on my Ford Ranger heater fan. How can I fix this?

By Serge

Most Recent Answer

By Kathy01/06/2012

Hi, my car did the same thing. It is the heat resistor fan speed control switch. t is usually found near the firewall on the passenger side. The part can be bought at most any auto parts place, cost about $35.Google your vehicle/heat resistor fan speed control switch and you should be taken to a page showing you where it is located. Good luck, Kathy

Question: Truck Heater Doesn't Heat

I have checked the thermostat and the flaps. The heater hoses are hot and still the heater does not heat the cab. What could be wrong?

By Dickie G.

Most Recent Answer

By Sheila12/08/2011

More than likely it's the heater core, mine is in the same fix. I have a Ford Ranger XLT and mine went out a couple years ago. My husband bought the core and was told the whole dashboard has to come out! He thought it came out from under the dash, but no, it didn't, what a job to do. I drove my car and he drove his truck and that's why it hasn't been fixed yet. :(

Question: GMC Truck Heater Blower Not Working

I replaced the blower motor on my 2005 GMC Sierra truck. I also replaced the resister. The motor only blows once in a while on level 5 when I am driving. What could it be?

By Steve R.

Question: Ford Ranger Heater Not Working

My 1996 Ford Ranger heater will not blow hot air. Any suggestions?

By AR

Most Recent Answer

By Deanj11/05/2011

I would check the thermostat. You should always replace the thermostat when changing the coolant with a high temperature thermostat. Sometimes people have the coolant changed and replace the thermostat with a low temperature unit and that will blow cooler air. My car was blowing cooler air but the reason was my coolant was down little over a half a gallon.

Question: 1996 S10 Heater Not Working

My truck is a 96 S10 2.2l with a manual transmission. The heater is not functioning. I have flushed and back flushed the heater core already and changed the coolant and flushed it too. So now I don't know what to do. I need help guys.

By Jon P.

Most Recent Answer

By Myrna10/31/2011

I asked my husband and he said the same thing as zoodad, so that is two in favor of so far.

Question: Truck Heater Problems

How do I fix a 2007 Ford Ranger heater? It has been to the shop and they said there was no problem with the heater core, but only a leak. It still does not work.

By Brenda

Most Recent Answer

By Dana P.03/06/2013

Turn your cold to hot mixture knob back and forth and listen for it to open and/or close. Mine puts out either cold or luke warm air. I was pulling a uhaul trailer and the temp never went above low on the guage. When I stopped because I thought I was low on coolant I was able to actually remove the cap and see it was full also put my finger in coolant and it's luke warm. I've changed out the door on a ford RV that one wouldn't move so you wouldn't hear it close. I flushed my system and I will be replacing the thermostat.

Question: Dodge Dakota's Heater Not Working

I am having heating problems with my '99 Dodge Dakota.

By Manuel from NJ

Most Recent Answer

By Lilac12/18/2010

Maybe you need a new heater core.

Question: Car Vent Only Blows Hot Air

The a/c is not blowing cold in my 2004 Ford Ranger.

By Dennis from Rockledge, FL

Most Recent Answer

By Marjorie C. Woodworth04/09/2010

You probably need to have your A/C recharged with freon.

Question: 1997 Dodge Dakota AC Heater Blower Not Working

I have a 1997 Dodge Dakota extended cab, 5 speed. The heater and air conditioning unit isn't blowing cool or warm air into the cab. It doesn't seem like the blower is working. Any advice on fixing it would be appreciated.

By George from Franklin, PA

Most Recent Answer

By Cheryl12/22/2009

Check the fuses.

Question: 1999 Ford Ranger Heater Not Working

Please help, it's getting cold. The heater is not working in my 1999 Ford Ranger. The heater core is getting hot and air is coming through the vents. I can't locate the transfer door between the heater core and the evaporator core. Where is the actuator? Is it vacuum or electric?

By Mike from Millington, TN

Most Recent Answer

By Jackie04/05/2011

Go to Auto Zone and they will pull up a print out for you and you will find it. The most likely cause is a vacuum door is not opening cause by a broken or loose vacuum hose, listen for a hissing sound and you will find it, it will be under the dash near the big black box (heater box).

Question: 1994 Ford Ranger Heater is Not Working

My 94 Ranger has a heater problem that I can not figure out. First off the the temp gauge does the windshield wiper thing, up and down, up and down. To make matters worse, often there is no heat. I have changed the thermostat and that didn't help. The top hose from the radiator does get warm, sometimes the heater hose gets hot. I've flushed the system once already. Any ideas?

Richard from Waterford, CT

Most Recent Answer

By Mary (Guest Post)12/20/2008

My husband had the same problem with our 93 Ranger. Several years ago, after driving for 2 Chicago winters with no heat (he tried all the usual stuff), I suggested he SOAK the heater core in CLR over night. Then he flushed it SEVERAL times with clear water, reinstalled it and it still works fine! He is toasty warm...of course NOW the Air Conditioner does not work...but his window does!

Solutions: Troubleshooting Truck Heater Problems

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!