"Keep Moving" To Exercise Daily

Exercise without really trying. I hate exercising. To stay in shape I "keep moving". This means chores (they are a great source of calorie burning), playing physical games with my toddler (games running through the house), dancing to my favorite tunes and best of all: talk while you walk! I spend hours on the phone with my parents, and I make sure to walk around the house/room while I do. This is a great way to burn calories without even noticing. If you cannot actually walk and talk: simply stand up. Standing up burns more calories than sitting down. You will be healthy in no time!

By Starchild from Lamoille County, VT

I like your idea of exercising without realizing it because I hate it too. You can also do "crunches" with the vacuum cleaner, I do that sometimes. Thanks for the post!

Precisely, Starchild. Did you know that there is a recent medical research paper about this? It seems that the difference between thinner and heavier people is how much moving they do. It doesn't have to be a marathon, or heavy lifting, just motion.

Apparently, there may be a genetic component. So those of us without the "perpetual motion" gene will just have to get with the program anyway.

Looks like you discovered what the scientists discovered, but in a thrifty way!

That's what I call TriftyFun.

Health & Beauty Fitness ExerciseMay 1, 2007
Man working out on an elliptical at the gym.
Fixing a Squeaky Elliptical
exercise roller machine
Finding a Vintage Roller Exercise Machine
A woman eating an apple with her baby.
Diet and Exercise After Pregnancy
doberman puppy
How Much Exercise Does a Puppy Need?
🎄