Treating Plantar Warts

Is there a home remedy for a plantar wart on your foot?

By Martha from MS

In order to treat warts is to put ice on it so the hump will go down.if it doesn't work pop it.

Dr. Scholl's makes a wart remover specifically for plantar warts. It consists of a small medicated disk and a larger, doughnut type pad. You put a new one on every other day. I used it and it took about a week to get rid of the wart.

I don't remember exactly what it costs - I think it was $5 or $6. Much more frugal than a doctor's visit.

Google "Plantar wart home remedies" and you will come up with pages of sites.

I've heard about the duct tape remedy for warts, but have never tried it. Dr. Oz even told it the other day on his show. He said that it will seal off the wart, and it will die and fall out. You may have to cover it up for a couple of weeks or longer, but it's just about free.

I used an old banana peel cut to the right size of the wart.put inside of peel against wart and then cover with masking tape good. I left in on for 2 or 3 days then put another one on. Then put on another one and it just finally is pulled out of your foot.

Apple vinegar seems to work.

January 11, 2010 Flag

What is good to get rid of plantar warts?

Luan from FL

Treating Plantar Warts

Buy one of those kits that freeze plantar warts. Follow the directions on the package, but make sure that you soak your foot in warm water for about 10 to 20 minutes and dry it thoroughly before you freeze it. It may take several tries, but give it a couple of weeks between tries. It takes awhile to die and wear down. Good luck. (07/12/2007)

By mckaysatt

Treating Plantar Warts

My doctor told me to cover it with duct tape, take it off after a week, soak it and then pumice it and re-apply duct tape for another week, keep doing this until it's gone. I only started it a week and a half ago, so I can't really vouch for this method, but my Dr. told me to do it so there must be some validity to this cure. Good luck, plantar warts hurt, don't they? This is my first and hopefully last one. (07/12/2007)

By Kendy

Treating Plantar Warts

Plantar warts are different from regular warts, because they go so deep under the skin. My father was a professional athlete back in the 60s and I remember how he had to have them "dug out" by a doctor. These days they "freeze" them. This type of wart is contagious, so everyone, keep this in mind when you go to a gym, a public shower or pool, and wear your flip-flops.

My father's plantar warts were painful and caused him all kinds of trouble. If you had a regular wart, I'd tell you to remove it with duct tape or Salicylic Acid. You have to put the Salicylic Acid on once or twice a day. It could take a month or so to "eat" the wart away. Before you go to a dermatologist, you could try the Salicylic Acid method or even the duct tape. I hear, the duct tape can work miracles with regular warts, but as I said, plantar warts are not regular warts. In fact, if left untreated, they can continue to grow deep into your skin.

Look online and buy the brand with the greatest percentage of Salicylic Acid, at least 17%. It's not totally painless to remove arts with Salicylic Acid, but, it's not all that painful either. As I said above, it can take awhile for it to work, it's a slow process. But, if you keep up with the treatment every day you will see your skin slowly dissolving away.

After the first week of treatment, when you have bathed or showered and your feet are the softest, take something and scrape away the old dead skin that the acid has killed. Do this once or twice a week. Make sure you don't stop treatment mid-way. Make sure you continue the treatment until all traces of the "root" is gone.

Or, if this sounds like one big hassle, go to a dermatologist have them "freeze" it off with liquid nitrogen. Here's really good info about freezing warts:

* They say, not to "pick" at the wart after it's been frozen, they say it will tend to grow back easier if you do. Read above. The reason I said to "pick" and clean off the dead skin when using the Salicylic Acid, is because, this way the newly applied Salicylic Acid can get down deeper into the tissues.
Let us know if you got rid of these nasty guys, and if you did, what method worked for you. (07/12/2007)

By Cyinda

Treating Plantar Warts

In our experience, you are usually wasting money on "home remedies" for this. Save your pennies and see your MD. You could try the home treatments listed on this site though, but they add up $$. (07/17/2007)

By aardvark

Treating Plantar Warts

The doctor froze my daughters, which made it spread. A new doctor gave her a prescription for salicylic acid. It took the tiniest amount to kill it and then to cure one my son had been dealing with for a long time. The prescription has more of the acid in it. (07/17/2007)

By siris

Treating Plantar Warts

A long time ago, I had a bunch of plantars warts on one foot. The bottom of my foot looked like the surface of the moon. I had no luck with wart medicines and the doctor at that time didn't know what to do about them. I was told by an old lady to soak my foot in baking soda and hot water, as hot as I could stand. I did this for a few days and they all disappeared in about a week. I was amazed it worked, but it did. It was cheap, harmless and got rid of the plantars warts.

Susan from ThriftyFun (07/18/2007)

By ThriftyFun

Treating Plantar Warts

Plantar warts are best treated by a dermatologist or podiatrist. I've had better luck with a dermatologist. Left untended they grow deep into the foot and around tendons. Warts are viral and spread not only in other areas on the body of a person, but to other people. I once had a planters wart on the tip of my finger.

I prefer to have planter's warts frozen. Its quick and easy. Sometimes one needs to have it done again in the same area, but its well worth it. My five year old grandson had one recently, and the podiatrist preferred acidic removal because of his age. That works too, but I wouldn't mess around with them. They're not for amateurs. (07/18/2007)

By Carol in PA

Treating Plantar Warts

My sister-in-law told me to put a slice of aloe on mine and cover it with tape. Change every night after showering. Took about a week, but it worked. (07/22/2007)

By Sallie

Treating Plantar Warts

I had planters warts on both feet, had them cut out, but they came back in about one year. My nephew told me about and sent me a "twist stick" from Puritans Pride. I used it twice a day for about 3 weeks and, what do you know, they haven't been back in 25 years. (10/25/2007)

By Joe

Health & Beauty Home RemediesJanuary 11, 2010
Facial Wart
Facial Wart Remedies
Treating the Soil After Tomato Blight
Treating Soil After Tomato Blight
Plantar Wart
Plantar Warts Remedies
removing a wart
Removing a Wart