Saving Money on Greeting Cards

A couple of good ways to save money on cards: The dollar store has a surprisingly good array of cards and at mine (Dollar Tree) they are 2 for a dollar. We also like to make cards by using construction paper. We cut out a picture of someone (funny, famous, whatever) and write something in a "balloon" (like in the comics). There are so many possibilities!

By joynchocolate from Lancaster, Pa

My 7 year old and I love to make cards. I refuse to buy cards. I save all the cards we receive in a small recycled gift bag and when we have an occasion we go through and find a pretty picture or saying and recycle it into something unique and beautiful. I think people appreciate homemade cards so much more than store bought. My little one is so artistic, she comes up with some really neat ideas. Much better than me.

TC in MO

I send E-Cards

I only mail cards when the person is not on line.

E-cards are Free

I like to buy white card stock. Use shaving cream and food coloring, mix together and put on a flat cookie sheet. Lay the white card stock on the shaving cream and it picks the colors up. It makes a very great looking sheet of paper. You can use it for cards, bookmarks, or whatever you would a regular piece of paper. Hopefully this gives you some ideas.

Since I'm visually impaired, I don't get the pleasure of recycling greeting cards the way so many do. And I do send ecards instead of paper whenever possible.

A great "second best" to ecards is the dollar store. We had to run out "last-minute" card shopping last Christmas. Without a lot to spend, I was thrilled to find a beautiful box of cards marked down to around $2. These were $24 cards, marked down because the cellophane was torn, and the note said pieces were missing. Imagine my joy when I got them home and counted them - not a single piece was missing. Compare this to $7 for a comparable number of cards that weren't nearly as nice!

Woman Making Greeting Cards With Children
Saving Money on Greeting Cards
Holidays and Parties Gifts CardsJune 9, 2009
Greeting Cards
Donating Old Greeting Cards
Cell Phone User Making call with Card
Saving Money on Phone Cards
Vintage Hank Aaron Baseball Card Leaning Against Old Baseball
Determining the Value of Baseball Cards
Making Fall Greeting Cards
Making Fall Birthday and Greeting Cards
🎉
🎄