Removing Labels from Medicine Bottles

I want to donate my prescription medicine bottles to the Humane Society. Can anyone tell me how to get the labels off when they are really stuck?

By Theboss from St. Louis

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance
Best Answer

Soak them in warm soapy water for about ten minutes and they shoud come right off! Another way is to use some type of cooking oil on a cloth and rub until they're gone.

Goo Gone or Goo Off is supposed to be great for removing sticky stuff, but I haven't tried it.

Good Luck!

Best Answer

I use a hair dryer to warm the labels and then they just peel off nicely! Veterinarians also take clean prescription bottles. I divide ours up between the vets in town (My hubby has had a liver transplant so we go through bunches).

Grandma Jan and Kato the Wonder Dog

Goo Gone, a product that removes anything sticky. It's great and really works. You can get it at Walmart and other stores.

I can usually get the labels off if I peel veeeeryy slowly. also soaking them in hot water helps. How does one donate them to the Humane Society?

Try lighter fluid. It works for taking labels off magazines, stamps off envelopes, etc. It evaporates in a few seconds and leaves no residue behind. Or on the plastic pill bottles, vegetable oil might work, also.

Harlean from Arkansas

The best way to remove labels from medicine bottles:

1. Heat water up to boiling (tea kettle works best)

2. Pour the water in the bottles once hot.

3. Put cap back on medicine bottle.

4. Wait One minute or until the label will come up by scratching corner with finger nail

5. Pull label off and re-stick to sheet of paper to shred.

We remove the lables for the missionaries. We pull off as much dry and then pour hot water over them.

30 seconds in microwave and then remove the label.

1. Immerse vial in small bowl or cup of water.

2. Microwave for 2 minutes.

3. Peel label off with fingernail.

4. Remove residual glue with "Goo Gone" or similar product.

Answer

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceApril 15, 2009
Empty Pill Bottles
Craft Ideas for Used Medicine or Pill Bottles
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 3, 2016 at 1:12:51 AM on 10.0.1.247 in 260 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.