Recipes for Leftover Pork Roast

What can I do with leftover pork?

By robinski41671 from Herkimer, NY

Dice it for pork stroganoff, make pork sandwiches for sack lunches, make a potato, onion and pork hash in your skillet.

Pork tacos, burritos, enchiladas. Pork chow mein, Pork Yakisoba.

Quantities will depend on the amount of pork left over and the number of people you want to feed. This is an old family favorite so I don't have a precise recipe.

Chop up the pork into 1" cubes (or smaller if liked) and fry gently with about tablespoon of oil, grated apple (Bramley is good) and finely chopped mushrooms (use fairly bland ones or they'll mask the flavor of the pork). Stir occasionally until cooked through (at least ten minutes to ensure the meat is heated thoroughly). Stir in a "dollop" of coarse-grain mustard ensuring meat is coated with what will be a mustardy sauce (don't overdo it unless you REALLY like mustard). Remove pan from heat and stir in a pot of soured cream. Serve over plain long-grain rice with a green salad.

Pork fried rice is a favorite of mine. I do this with left over chicken also. Add a little oil to the pan, have some cooked rice handy. Just add the pork and rice to the skillet and "stir fry". Add 1 or 2 scrambled eggs and keep moving the mixture around the pan until the egg is scrambled. Last, I add a handful of frozen peas and carrots. For my own plate, I add sesame oil which I love. But, it's according to individual taste because not everyone may like it. You can also add soy sauce. I could eat this until it's coming out of my ears.

I never have pork roast left overs because sooner then I can get to use it it is gone on pork sandwiches. LOL!

Recipes Using Leftover Roast
Recipes Using Leftover Roast
Food and Recipes Recipes MeatsAugust 12, 2009
Crockpot Pork Roast
Crockpot Pork Roast Recipes
Barbecue Pork
Barbecue Pork Recipes
Pork Roast
Pork Roast Recipes
Recipes Using Leftover Pork Roast
Recipes Using Leftover Pork Roast
🎉
🎄