Browsing: Cat is Always Hungry

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Cat is Always Hungry

There are several reasons your cat may always be acting hungry, some requiring a trip to the vet. This is a guide about when a cat is always hungry.

A hungry orange cat licking his lips.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

April 25, 2010 Flag

I have a male cat that is only 2 years. He is always hungry for food. He gets fed well, but when no one is looking, he steals food. He jumps all over the kitchen looking for food, breaks whatever is in the kitchen and knocks everything on the floor. I don't know what to do about this situation, he's driving me crazy. Please help.

By Doris from Philadelphia

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You may want to check with your vet. It sounds like he could have a tape worm or something? Have a spray bottle of water, and spray him when he jumps on the counter. Also, I read somewhere that if you lay tin foil on the counters, they won't go up there. Another thought is that maybe he is eating out of boredom. Good luck, it sounds as though you need it!

Hello, Please take him to his veterinarian. As young as he is, there could be a medical problem that needs to be addressed.

Is he neutered? that may help. The other suggestion about boredom is a good possiblity, too, get him climbing poles and something.

June 8, 2010 Flag

My cat has been on Fortekor 2.5 mg tabs and renal prescription food for the last month for slight kidney failure. Since he has been on this medication he is always hungry and has put on weight, although this can happen on this medication.

He gets the same amount of food as before starting the medication. I am going to ask my vet if he can come off medication and just take the renal food. I have heard Ipakitine powder helps cats with kidney failure. Has anyone experienced this problem and what have you done?

Before being diagnosed with kidney failure he was eating normally and never looking for more food. The only sign was he was drinking water more than normal. Now he drinks normally. He was never thin just about the normal weight.

By Maureen from UK

Hello,

I am a retired RVT. I worked for a Veterinarian for over 27 years. Can you please ask your Dr. to test for Diabetes and thyroid disease. Good luck.

Pets CatsApril 8, 2013
Two male Persian cats.
Neutered Male Cat Mounting Other Male Cats
A cat door installed in an old door.
Teaching a Cat to Use a Cat Door
Cat Meowing
Preventing A Cat From Meowing
Two earwigs on a yellow flower.
Getting Rid of Earwigs
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 19, 2016 at 12:48:54 AM on 10.0.1.151 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.