Cleaning Your Blender

I used to hate using the blender, it was so hard to clean. One day after making a milkshake, I quickly rinsed it. Next I put some warm water and a squirt of dish washing liquid in it. Turned it on for several seconds, let it suds up, then just needed to rinse it out. It's so easy to get it cleaned that way, I no longer dislike using my blender.

By dwedenoja from New Creek, WV

I learned this trick in High School Home Ec. It's easy and works great for getting all the stuff that usually ends up dried on the inside of the blender. I do take the blender apart periodically to make sure the washer and all are really clean though.

I put mine in the dishwasher and also my foodprocessor. I have done this for years.

Good idea. I usually just take my blender apart to wash and make sure all the parts are ultra clean and it's so easy to do. ;-)

I used to do this too till one day after several months of cleaning it this way I decided to take it apart. After seeing all the gunk that was trapped inside where the bottom screws on, I decided it wasn't such a chore after all to take it apart each time! Besides it only takes a minute to take it apart and wash it, and to be sure it's cleaned thoroughly it's worth that minute to me.

November 8, 2010 Flag

Clean your blender quickly after each use by adding a small squirt of dishwashing liquid to the blender. Then fill your blender 3/4 full with hot water and run it on high for 15 seconds. Rinse with warm water.

Blender being used to make a smoothie.
Cleaning a Blender
Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesNovember 8, 2010
Crushing Ice With a Blender
Ninja Blender
Ninja Blender Reviews
Woman Using a Leaky Blender
Fixing a Leaky Blender
Hand Blender
Cleaning a Hand Blender