Balsamic Pork Chops

• pork chops
  • vegetable oil
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup orange juice
  • 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
  • Ad
  • 1 tsp. Dijon mustard

Directions:

Heat some vegetable oil in a fry pan over medium-high heat. Sprinkle salt and pepper over pork chops. Cook in the pan till done. Remove pork chops to a plate.

In the same pan, add a bit more oil, and saute some onions. Then add 3 Tbsp. brown sugar, 1/2 cup orange juice, 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar and 1 tsp. Dijon mustard. Bring to a boil on high heat, then lower heat to medium and simmer till reduced and thickened, about 10 minutes. Serve sauce over pork chops. Note: That is what the recipe said to do. I don't like onions, so eliminated them, and I put the chops back in the pan with the sauce for the last 5 minutes or so of the reduction time, and turned them a time or two so the sauce could really "soak" in the meat. Oh my - delicious!

Source: I found this recipe in a Company's Coming cookbook - 30 Minute Rookie Cook.

By Mary from British Columbia, Canada

This is making my mouth water! Can't wait to make it this weekend. I'll let you know how the dh like it :)

Seasoned pork chop on asparagus
Pork Chop Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Meats Pork Pork ChopsMay 19, 2008
Pork Chops and Rice
Pork Chops and Rice Recipes
Pork Chops ready to be cooked.
Italian Pork Chop Recipes
Pork Chops with Gravy
Pork Chops with Gravy Recipes
pork chops with apple compote
Apple Pork Chops Recipes
🎉
🎄