Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Dog Pooping In His Own Bed

I have a 1 year old long haired Chihuahua who has been pooping in his own bed the last couple of days while I am at work. He stays in my big bathroom because he chews everything and after being potty trained using a crate he has never gone to the bathroom in the house. Now he is going in his own bed and still sleeping in his bed, next to his poop. Why do you think he is doing this?

I was gone for a week and I have been back for almost two weeks now and he started doing this a couple of days ago. My job allows me to be home a good amount of my day. I thought if dogs were mad they would go to the bathroom to get attention but not in their own beds. Please let me know what advice you can give me. Thanks so much!

Louda99 from Tampa, FL

By

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By stephaniemccullough08/03/2013

My dog is doing this he has suddenly taking a dislike to being in a pen and had started crapping in his bed although he has been in a pen at night since day 1. He also does it if I put him in the kitchen or do anything he dislikes. I went on holiday and put him in boarding kennels he came home and for the first day he was fine day 2 and 3 were hell he refused to do the toilet outside and did it all on my carpet. I believe my dog has done this on purpose as I would take him out and he would come straight in a squat down on the carpet.

I came across this post when I was looking for tips to stop these dirty protests he is going through. I also had him neutered he had to wear a cone for 2 days he refused to do the toilet outside I took the cone off and shock he went back to going outside. I love my dog and for the first few months he was perfect never did anything wrong, but I believe he is doing these dirty protests to get his own way I gave him full run of the house as he hated it in kitchen and was alway messing. This went on for weeks and when I gave him the full run of the house he went back to doing the toilet outside, I have 2 children and really don't want to re home him he gets daily walks he also gets so much love and attention he wants for nothing. I also take him out last thing at night. x

By Carol in PA (Guest Post)03/30/2006

I'd have him checked by the veternarian. It sounds like he's sick. Animals dont soil where they sleep.

By Glinda (Guest Post)03/29/2006

Chi's are very possessive of their owners. I would get him checked first, doing it in their bed is very unusual. I've had mine mad at me before, but, they never soiled the sleeping or eating area. They do like to chew when they're mad at you for leaving them. I had it easier with the "mad chewing", or pottying, once I got another chihuahua to keep the first one company. It takes time to bond when they're not raised together, but, the benefits are well worth the effort. Get a very young one to bond with the first one, so the first is the "alfa" dog. Good luck.

By Rosa (Guest Post)03/29/2006

first take him to the dr for a check up, there maybe something wrong with him. If not he is probably missing you, after all he is still very young.He may just be lonely and this may be his way of showing you he needs more attention and love