Black Containers for Hot Water

In Alaska, you pretty much have to fend for yourself. I've been doing this for years, and I thought I should pass along this tip for free hot water, especially when the pipes are frozen (as they are here, a LOT). Paint your old milk jugs and glass jars with black spray paint, then fill with water and leave in the sun for hot water by the end of a sunny day!

By AlaskanAurora from Dutch Harbor, AK

Good idea. Thanks for sharing.

I love it! I wish I'd known about this when I lived in Arizona. It would have saved me loads of time lugging hot water outside for cleaning, and the water would have gotten hot very quickly! But if it works in Alaska, it will work here, I guess! :)

Better Living Frugal Living TipsOctober 8, 2010
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Black Widow Spider Costume
man maintaining a water heater
Saving Money on Heating Water
underside of Black Widow Spider
Getting Rid of Black Widow Spiders
Black Bean Salsa
Black Bean Salsa Recipes
🎄