Color Advice for Kitchen Flooring

I have an Uba Tuba granite countertop, medium oak cupboards, dirty red brick backsplash, sage and light beige walls. There is not a lot of natural light. Should I stick with a light beige floor?

By Monica

Use a light beige a few shades lighter than the walls.

Go to the local tile store. Do you have a "Floor and Decor?' Buy a few samples of flooring that you like. If you like your kitchen colors, then buy about 1 box of each of the colors you just love. Take them home, lay them out so you can test the colors. Leave them until the next morning. When you wake up, you will get a feeling. If you think "well it isn't quite right, take them back. I recommend always, when you first see the flooring, when you wake up and you immediately say "I love it," those are the ones. Don't stop looking until you get that feeling, or you will be sorry.

March 30, 2011 Flag

I have Cambria Brownhill quartz countertops on pickled oak cabinets with oil rubbed bronze hardware, brown granite sinks, and black appliances. What color floor should I be putting in to blend with everything? I am having a huge problem picking out the floor.

By ramnats from La Salle, IL

Answers:

Color Advice for Kitchen Flooring

As you describe your kitchen, it sounds very lovely. But it also seems that it would be very dark. Even if you have enough natural and electrical lighting to make it seem otherwise, I would consider a very light colored flooring to brighten the area or reflect existing lighting, probably a "sandstone" shade of natural stone or tile with a sandstone look. Something that has only a hint of the darker browns, just enough to compliment the rest of your kitchen, but is still very light in color.

One the other hand, if you really enjoy the darker look, a terracotta colored stone or tile flooring would certainly look well with your other choices. (I'm imaging a Mediterranean style look, of which I also love.)

It's hard to say without pictures, but hope this helps you to make a decision. (11/14/2010)

By KansasCindy

A woman sweeping a nice wood kitchen floor.
Kitchen Floor Color Advice
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating KitchenMarch 30, 2011
Cleaning Laminate Flooring, Red dry mop cleaning laminate floors
Cleaning Laminate Flooring
Kitchen Countertop
Kitchen Countertop Color Advice
Cleaning Tile Floors, Textured blue floor tile.
Cleaning Textured Flooring
Yellow Bathroom Floor
Bathroom Floor Color Advice
🎉
🎄