Black Raspberry Glazed Chicken Breasts

This is a wonderful simple yet fancy recipe that is perfect for entertaining. I made it for a Valentine's dinner for my boyfriend back in High School and it's now my husband's favorite.

• 2 pkgs. Uncle Ben's Herb Seasoned Wild and Long Grain Rice.
  • 4 1/2 cups Chicken broth
  • 1 cup slivered almonds
  • Ad
  • 8 chicken breasts
  • 6 Tbsp. flour
  • 1/2 tsp. paprika
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1/2 cup melted butter
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1/2 cup seedless black raspberry jam
  • 2 Tbsp. frozen orange juice concentrate (undiluted)
  • 1 tsp. finely grated orange peel

Directions:

Cook Uncle Ben's Wild Rice mix according to package directions, substituting chicken broth for the water. It will take about 30 minutes.

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.

Spread slivered almonds on cookie sheet and place in oven to toast.

Place about a cup of rice in a bowl and mix with about 2 tablespoons of the slivered almonds. Put the rest of the wild rice mix aside.

Place flour, paprika, garlic powder, and salt in a gallon size ziplock bag. Place chicken breasts in bag, 2 at a time, shake, then pound flat (I use a rolling pin).

Place about 2 tablespoons of stuffing in the center of each chicken breast and roll up. Secure with a toothpick. Place in 9/13 inch baking pan and top with melted butter.

Cook for 40 minutes.

Mix jam, honey, orange juice concentrate, and orange peel in saucepan and heat until blended to make glaze. Baste chicken with glaze and continue baking and glazing until chicken is tender and highly glazed about 30 minutes - basting about every 10 minutes.

Reheat the extra wild rice, mix with the rest of the toasted almonds and serve on the side with a vegetable

Substitutions:

I often substitute unstrained homemade blackberry jam for the seedless black raspberry jam and use Johnny's Seasoning rather than paprika, salt, and garlic powder.

I often measure the honey and jam for the glaze in a glass measuring cup (using the side measures) then heat in microwave to save on dishes. You can leave out the orange peel if you don't have an orange handy.

Servings: 8
Time: 40 Minutes Preparation Time
70 Minutes Cooking Time

Source: My mother's Renny Darling "Entertaining! Fast and Fancy" cookbook

By Stephanie from Hillsboro, OR

Grilled Rosemary Chicken
Recipes Using Chicken Breasts
Food and Recipes Recipes PoultryOctober 13, 2009
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Black Widow Spider Costume
Cheesecake with fresh raspberries and sauce.
Raspberry Sauce Recipes
Cooked Chicken Breasts
Cooking Frozen Boneless Chicken Breasts
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume
🎉
🎄