Tomato Relish is Too Salty

I made a batch of tomato relish. This is my second time, but it is way too salty. How can I fix it?

By Kim from Hobart, Tasmania

The next time you make it, cut back on the salt. Be sure you change the recipe so you won't do it again. As far as this batch is concerned, can you make a second batch without salt and put it with the first batch? If not I am afraid you can do nothing about it.

Maybe you could add sugar to the jars as you open them, to counteract the salt, or just add chopped fresh tomatoes to the relish.

It could also be used in cooking, in a dish where the saltiness would be "spread out" over a whole casserole or something. Just don't add any more salt to that dish!

Hope you didn't make a huge batch!

Thank you very much guys for your help. Cheers.

Recipes Using Tomatoes
Tomato Relish Recipes
Food and Recipes Food Tips Food FixesMarch 14, 2011
Quart jars of pickle relish
Pickle Relish Recipes
Zucchini Relish Recipes
Zucchini Relish Recipes
Cranberry Relish in Yellow Dish at Thanksgiving Dinner Table
Cranberry Relish Recipes
Spaghetti Sauce
Fixing Spaghetti Sauce That is Too Salty