Freezing Beef Curry

If I make a beef curry from frozen beef. Can I re-freeze this after it is cooked?

R Lewis from Norwich UK

Best Answer

Yes, you can. I am always making things from frozen meats and then freezing leftovers, such as soups, stews, and chili.

Best Answer

When you are making the beef curry, do not add vegetables eg. potatoes or tomatoes. Make the curry plain and do not add coconut milk. Use kas-kas instead.

Then you can freeze it for long periods. On the day of serving, take a pan, fry some onions, garlic, curry leaves, ginger, and add potato cubes and/ or tomatoes and a little salt, cook it well. Then add the beef curry and heat it up well until it boils. Then serve. It should taste good.

Yes. You can freeze any cooked food. I would not suggest taking a piece of beef, thawing, seasoning and refreezing, but if it is cooked it will be fine.

Hope this helps,

beef pot roast
Freezing Cooked Beef
Food and Recipes FreezingJanuary 28, 2007
Lamb curry in a pan with a side of white rice.
Lamb Curry Recipes
Vegetable Curry
Vegetable Curry Recipes
Curry in Wooden Spoon
Removing Curry Stains
Red Curry Sauce
Curry Sauce Recipes