- 1/4 cup carrots, grated
- 1/4 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp.butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup fish fry coating mix
- 1/2 cup cornbread mix
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. creole seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg, separated
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1/2 lb. farm-raised catfish fillets, cooked and flaked
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Cook carrots and onions in butter in small skillet over medium heat until tender crisp; set aside.
- Combine fish fry coating mix, cornbread mix, baking powder, creole seasoning, and black pepper in large bowl.
- Blend milk with egg yolk and hot pepper sauce; stir rice, fish, carrot mixture, and milk mixture into dry ingredients.
- Beat egg white until stiff but not dry. Fold in beaten egg white.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Drop batter by 1/4 cup into skillet; flatten with back of spoon.
- Turn cakes when golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
By Connie from Cotter, AR
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Guide
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on March 22, 2017 at 5:40:07 PM on 10.0.2.37 in 964 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us