- 1/4 cup carrots, grated
- 1/4 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp.butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup fish fry coating mix
- 1/2 cup cornbread mix
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. creole seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg, separated
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1/2 lb. farm-raised catfish fillets, cooked and flaked
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Cook carrots and onions in butter in small skillet over medium heat until tender crisp; set aside.
- Combine fish fry coating mix, cornbread mix, baking powder, creole seasoning, and black pepper in large bowl.
- Blend milk with egg yolk and hot pepper sauce; stir rice, fish, carrot mixture, and milk mixture into dry ingredients.
- Beat egg white until stiff but not dry. Fold in beaten egg white.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Drop batter by 1/4 cup into skillet; flatten with back of spoon.
- Turn cakes when golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
By Connie from Cotter, AR
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Guide