Vietnamese Caramelized Catfish and Pineapple
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,298 Posts
May 23, 2017
This is a very popular Vietnamese braised dish commonly made in clay pots, but we cook it in a regular pot. There are many different methods to make this dish, but we like to eat this with fresh pineapple!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 4 people
- 1 catfish
- 1/2 pineapple
- 4 tsp sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp fish sauce
- 4 stems garlic
- 3 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- At the store, I requested them to cut the catfish into pieces. Then I went home and re-washed the fish.
- Dice the pineapple.
- Get a small pan on medium heat, add sugar and stir until the sugar is melted. Add 2 teaspoon of water and set aside. This process will about 10 minutes.
- Put a pot on medium heat. Add vegetable oil and smashed garlic until. Cook golden brown. In another pan melt sugar.
- Add cat fish along with the caramelized sugar just melted, fish sauce, pepper, and cover the pot until boiling.
- Once boiling, add 1 cup of water. Cook for 25 minutes.
- Add diced pineapple. Mix gently and turn off the heat.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.