Vietnamese Caramelized Catfish and Pineapple
This catfish and pineapple recipe is a delicious traditional Vietnamese dish. Your family or guests will really appreciate the flavors of this meal.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a very popular Vietnamese braised dish commonly made in clay pots, but we cook it in a regular pot. There are many different methods to make this dish, but we like to eat this with fresh pineapple!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 4 people
- 1 catfish
- 1/2 pineapple
- 4 tsp sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp fish sauce
- 4 stems garlic
- 3 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- At the store, I requested them to cut the catfish into pieces. Then I went home and re-washed the fish.
- Dice the pineapple.
- Get a small pan on medium heat, add sugar and stir until the sugar is melted. Add 2 teaspoon of water and set aside. This process will about 10 minutes.
- Put a pot on medium heat. Add vegetable oil and smashed garlic until. Cook golden brown. In another pan melt sugar.
- Add cat fish along with the caramelized sugar just melted, fish sauce, pepper, and cover the pot until boiling.
- Once boiling, add 1 cup of water. Cook for 25 minutes.
- Add diced pineapple. Mix gently and turn off the heat.