Removing Candle Wax From Stove Top

I desperately need help in removing a stain from my stovetop. I accidentally left a candle on my stove and the heat seems to have caused the color in the candle to penetrate the metal of the stove. I have tried all sorts of cleaners but nothing seems to remove the discoloration. It looks similar to a rust stain from a metal shaving cream container. Any suggestions?

Pinkshoes from Upstate, NY

Best Answer

Scrape off as much as you can with something that won't damage your stove like a teflon scraper. Then use hot, hot water and a cloth with texture to scrub off the film and other bits left behind. Goo Gone is a cleaning product that also dissolves wax. Good Luck!

Take a brown paper bag and iron it over the wax. The wax will stick to the bag and lift off. This also works with clothes.

Try using a blow dryer on high. It should melt right off.Then just wipe off wax.Hope this helps.

OMG I just used the hair dryer on high and wiped the melted wax off with cotton balls then a warm soapy rag! Took all of two minutes.... thanks!

I was told along time ago to melt bar soap,like Ivory and CAREFULLY pour it over the stuff you want to clean off the stove. Let sit and when it cools/hardens just a bit peel it off. The wax should peel off with it. Good Luck. GG Vi

You might try using a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. I have not tried mine on candle wax, but it has worked on everything else!

I do Ukrainian Egg Art. (You put wax on an egg. - them dye it) I use lighter fluid to take the wax off the finished eggs. It works like a charm.

I have also taken crayon marks off walls and my computer using lighter fluid. It does not harm the paint on the walls or the plastic casing of the computer.

Put a little lighter fluid on a paper towel and wipe off the wax.

I WOULD BE CAREFUL USING LIGHTER FLUID NEXT TO AN OPEN FLAME. (Turn off pilot light)

I use a product called Goo Gone. It is fantastic for a lot of things like crayon, lipstick, gum, and wax. Hope it works.

I spilled candle wax on my stove top. I have used a teflon scraper but of course it didn't remove it all. Does anyone have any ideas how to remove the candle wax completely? I tried ice cubes but did not makes a difference. I was wondering about an iron. I am a clean freak and can't stand the mess. Please help me!

Gay Lynn

I use baking soda to clean my stove. It also works to remove stains such as rust from my stainless steel sink. Try this....Using a damp cloth, dampen the area slightly, then sprinkle a moderate amount of dry baking soda over the stain (aprox. 1 Tablespoon), rub with damp cloth. If this doesn't work, I'd try a little clorine bleach.

My impression was that you are trying to remove a color stain left from the wax, not the wax. Looks like most people were still trying to help you get the wax off!

AGREED

Wow! I tried the "Mr. Clean Magic Eraser" and it works great! Make sure to clean any big chunks off the object before using the eraser. But just scrub with the "Mr. Clean Magic Eraser" and you will see the little pieces go away! It is amazing.. haha it is Magic :p

As Allison said "You can even get a free sample from the website. http://www.homemadesimple.com/mrclean/"

OMG i left a candle on my stove lastnight and i've been trying EVERYTHING to get it off, nothing worked. i jus scraped the hard wax off with a butter knife, but it still left a rough surface and a little wax, so i turn the stove on to cook lunch and the wax melted, then i wiped it off with an old towel. HOW FREAKIN EASY IS THAT lol

I spilled candle wax all over the burner area and used Gojo non-grit hand cleaner to remove it, then soapy water. Easy as pie.

How about the bottom of the oven? I had a candle on the stove and my boyfriend moved it to a burner while the oven was on and the candle melted down inside the oven...we have tried scraping it, but it still smokes like crazy! Unfortunately it is not a self cleaning...

Close up of the metal surface and burner of an electric stove top
Removing Candle Wax from a Metal Stove Top
Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesOctober 20, 2005
Black smooth top cooking range.
Cleaning Spills on a Smooth Top Stove
Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Smooth Stove Top
Cleaning Stains on a Smooth Stove Top
🎄