Candle Wax off the Wall

How do I remove candle wax from my painted wall?

By mooselady from Port Huron, MI

Try a hair dryer and be sure to catch it as it melts so it doesn't drip further on the wall.

Isopropyl alcohol 70% totally removed the red stain from white satin painted walls. The hair dryer is good for removing the excess but does not remove the stain. I tried almost all of these suggestions and the only one that worked is the alcohol. Good luck!

I had a candle next to the wall and tried to blow it out, that failed. Went close up and gave it a blow. In my stupidity, I blew to hard and wax went all over the wall. I had a little steam cleaner. It worked great. No paint off the wall, just wipe the wax off as you go to not let it drip down further. It's only water so I'm assuming it's safe for pretty much anything.

Hi, I too had a red candle on my mantle for the holidays. I also blew too hard and splattered the red wax lightly on my painted wall. Tried all three suggestions (hand held steamer, hair dryer and magic eraser) and nothing removed the stain. The above three were usefull in as much as I was able to remove all wax, but I had to resort to touch up painting to cover the pinkish stain that remained. Hope others have better luck. I must say I didn't tend to the wax on the wall for almost 2 weeks.

Anonymous

I tried the hair dryer method, it took the wax off, but not the red stain left behind. I then tried the alcohol, but that did absolutely nothing. Looks like I have to repaint that section of the wall :(