Use a Magnifying Mirror for Eyebrow Maintenance

I cut out the cost of eyebrow waxing by investing in a magnified mirror that I keep in my handbag. I picked it up from Target for less than $10! I used to go and get my eyebrows waxed. Now I just use my magnified mirror to pluck the hairs as soon as they are seen, which is easy with this mirror! I used to visit the beautician every other week, now I don't go at all! What a great saving!

By Justinsevaus from Yakima, WA

Let's face it eventually some people's eyes are going to get to the point that they can't see well enough to pluck their eyebrows or get rid of a moustache and/or chin hairs. You can use the most high powered magnifying mirror you can find, even one with lights. Also if you have to wear eyeglasses, they get in the way of taking care of your eyebrows. To me getting my eyebrows and chin waxed is a treat to myself. I go to beauty schools to get it done. I do this once a month and in between if need be I pluck a few really stray hairs in my eyebrows(they have to be really noticable). I also use a small scissors to cut the hairs on my chin. This leaves a little bit of hair showing, but it is better than a piece of hair that is longer. Beauty schools are considerably lower priced than an actual salon.