Where can I get a free prom dress?
* You could borrow one, however courtesy would dictate you pay to have it professionally cleaned prior to returning it.
* Check with your church.
* You could make one yourself fairly inexpensively. Choose a pattern with simple lines and an attractive but inexpensive fabric. If you cannot sew, see if you can barter services (cleaning, windows, etc. etc.) with someone who can sew.
* Try your local Freecycle group (go to Yahoo groups and search "Freecycle" and your area.
* Check out http://www.craigslist.org
* Don't forget to check your local thrift stores.
* See if there is a group like the following near you:
E-mail me and let me know what size. Shryoung AT comcast.net
I would try Freecycle, Sandra. People are very generous.
It's been successful for many. I hope you find one.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!