Murphy's Oil Soap European Alternative

Is there a substitute or alternative for Murphy's oil soap? I live in Europe and get so frustrated when I see how many uses this product has and I have no idea if there is an equivalent here in Europe? Please help.

By Cettina from Malta, Europe

Here is their website:

It's made by: Colgate-Palmolive Company; NY, NY; zip code 10022.

Also it's: Murphy not Murphy's.

They have a toll free 800 number too. Do you have them in Europe? In the US it's an 800 telephone number that you can call without paying anything. I don't know if you can dial it from Europe though. In the US we have to dial a 1 before the 800, so that's how I'll give it to you: 1-800-486-7627.

You might try Googling it: phrasing it: buy Murphy Oil Soap, Malta.

Or use phrasing it: where can I buy Murphy Oil Soap in Malta, Europe?

I wish you good luck! I know what you mean; there are a ton of recipes on this site that call for this soap. I hope the company can help you, but I feel sure they will. After all they would love you to buy their product!

Thanks metroplex. I will try to google it and see if i can, at least, get the ingredients so when I next go supermarket shopping, I can have a look at what is available here. I'm assuming this soap would be in the laundry section?

LOL.. I was cleaning my oak kitchen cupboards with a bit of dish soap & water. but wishing I had some oil soap.. well.. I had a bottle of cooking oil.. so I poured a bit into the pail.. & it worked just like MOS.. I washed the cpbrds down & buffed them.. lovely , shiny but not oily results.. I'll never buy MOS again.

Consumer Advice Product FinderJanuary 22, 2010
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
Disposing of Used Motor Oil, Used Motor Oil in a Gallon Jug
Disposing of Used Motor Oil
Antique Murphy's Chest
Finding the Value of Antique Murphy's Furniture
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale