Removing Mold On Wicker Laundry Basket

How can I remove mold from my wicker laundry basket? I've just discovered mold on the bottom of my almost new wicker laundry basket. My husband threw his sweaty gym gear in there and I think that's the problem! Please help!

Best Answer

Put some hot bleach water in a spray bottle and spray it down then wipe it clean. The bleach will both kill and clean the mode.

Mix up a solution of one part bleach and three parts water and spray, paint or wipe on with a rag. Let is stand until the mold disappears then rinse and dry. You don't need the bleach to be hot and be careful you don't get bleach in you eyes.

Use white vinegar.

Using bleach is fine. Rinse it very carefully, then set it outside for a day or two of sunshine.

Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousAugust 31, 2008
Wicker Furniture
Waterproofing Wicker Furniture
Removing Mold from Boat Seats
Removing Mold from Boat Seats
Wicker Basket
Repairing Wicker Baskets
Painted Wicker Chair
Painting Wicker Furniture