Cafeteria "Lubys" Baked Cod Recipe

I'm back again. I thank all of you for your great help in the past. I'm looking for the recipe that the Cafeteria "Lubys" has for their baked cod. I loved it and they have closed here. It had a mayonnaise like base to it with crumbs of some sort on the top. I've tried to duplicate it but it is not right. Can anyone please give me their recipe for this great cod fish dish? I would love to have it and love the dish so much as well as my sister. God Bless and Thank You Again.

Angelheart from Clyde, TX

Hi Angelheart -- how about this one? And try it with different brands of mayonnaise - it might make a difference! Sometimes you really have to work at getting something "just right".

Luby's Cafeteria Baked White Fish

8 (6 ounce) skinless white fish fillets (cod, haddock, or other fish fillets)

1/2 cup flour

3 1/2-4 cups mayonnaise

lemon pepper seasoning

dried parsley flakes

water

Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat fish with flour, shaking off excess. Spread mayonnaise evenly over fish. Sprinkle with lemon pepper and parsley. Place in baking pan large enough to hold in a single layer.

Carefully pour water around fish to 1/8 inch depth, without wetting the toppings. Bake approximately twenty minutes or until fish flakes when tested with fork and top is light golden brown.

Thanks for the recipe, I moved to Oregon from Texas and miss Lubys and my favorite baked white fish. Hi Angelheart, I too lived in Clyde. Small world.

Mmm 3.5-4 cups, that's a lot of mayo! That's equivalent to almost the same volume of vegetable oil. Maybe just brushing the tops with melted butter before seasoning would work. Grated cheese too, don't forget that. (sharp Cheddar and/or Parmesan to taste) Brush on mayo afterwards. The result might be even better than the cafeteria version.

Talk about a small world. I was born & raised in Abilene Texas and my great grandparents lived in Clyde. I have been looking forever for this recipe since I now live in the UK. I am trying it tonight.

Anonymous

I worked for wyatts cafateria,we had the same basic recipie...only used Helmans mayo,and bread crumb topping was buttered toasted crumb with lemon pepper,lawrys season salt and parmesan cheese.