A very moist bread with a syrupy sweet nut topping to die for! ABC stands for apple, banana and chocolate/caramel.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 50 to 60 minutes
Total Time: 1 1/2 hours
Yield: 1 loaf
- 1 1/2 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- 1 1/2 cup chopped peeled apples (2 medium)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup caramel or chocolate chips
- 1 cup sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup caramel sundae syrup
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine fruits, sugars, and water into bowl. Stir in melted butter. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix thoroughly. Add in caramel or chocolate chips and mix for a few seconds; do not over mix. I used my Bosch mixer.
- Transfer to a greased and floured 9 by 5 inch loaf pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes and then invert onto wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make glaze. Toast coconut and almonds in a shallow pan in 350 degree F oven until golden brown, 4 to 6 minutes. Cool slightly. On stove top, mix coconut and almonds with caramel syrup and sea salt on low heat for two or three minutes. Spread glaze over cooled loaf.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.