Add Pumpkin Spice to Pancakes and Syrup
Autumn is surely here! Pumpkin spice and cinnamon can be added to your pancake batter and to maple syrup to make a different yummy breakfast.
For 2 cups pancake mix add 2 tsp. pumpkin spice and 1 tsp. cinnamon. Throw a handful of raisins in as well. Make pancakes according to package directions. Add half as much of each spice to 1 cup maple syrup along with some butter. Heat spiced syrup in the microwave.
- Add pancake mix to bowl.
- Add 1 cup of water, mix well. Then add the spices.
- Add raisens. Mix very well making sure the batter is not too thick, if it is, add a few drops of water.
- Heat up the griddle on the stove top. Add a pad of butter. When the griddle is sizzling, spoon out or ladle out the batter for each pancake.
- Keeping the heat adjusted not to brown too dark, but golden on both sides.
- Meanwhile pour the maple syrup in a glass measuring cup, add butter and spices. Stir well and put it in the microwave for 1 minute. If it is not hot enough or the butter is not melted, do 1 more minute.
- Serve pancakes with butter on the side and the hot maple syrup.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.