Using Pumpkin Spice
Pumpkin spice is made up of a variety of spices and can be used to flavor many recipes. This is a guide about using pumpkin spice
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Autumn is surely here! Pumpkin spice and cinnamon can be added to your pancake batter and to maple syrup to make a different yummy breakfast.
For 2 cups pancake mix add 2 tsp. pumpkin spice and 1 tsp. cinnamon. Throw a handful of raisins in as well. Make pancakes according to package directions. Add half as much of each spice to 1 cup maple syrup along with some butter. Heat spiced syrup in the microwave.
- Add pancake mix to bowl.
- Add 1 cup of water, mix well. Then add the spices.
- Add raisens. Mix very well making sure the batter is not too thick, if it is, add a few drops of water.
- Heat up the griddle on the stove top. Add a pad of butter. When the griddle is sizzling, spoon out or ladle out the batter for each pancake.
- Keeping the heat adjusted not to brown too dark, but golden on both sides.
- Meanwhile pour the maple syrup in a glass measuring cup, add butter and spices. Stir well and put it in the microwave for 1 minute. If it is not hot enough or the butter is not melted, do 1 more minute.
- Serve pancakes with butter on the side and the hot maple syrup.