Add Ranch Dressing to Mashed Potatoes

As old people are wont to do, DH and I sometimes forget to go to the supermarket. Today I wanted mashed potatoes and noticed that there was no butter in the fridge. I got out my bottle of ranch dressing and smushed the bottle so that a good sized blob came out. I then whipped them in the usual manner and they were delicious!

Top Comment

I do this nearly every time I make mashed potatoes. Something else I do is when I can't get any more ranch dressing from the bottle I pour in a little milk. Shake the bottle to get the rest out and dump into the mashed potatoes. If I have cream cheese or sour cream that I've afraid it will go bad before it's used I put that in the potatoes rather than the ranch dressing. I always put garlic salt in my mashed potatoes too.

I've done this before and it is VERY good. You definitely have my vote!:)