AdviceCrafts

Adding a Folder Pocket to a Binder

I have a beautiful three ring binder and I would like to add a pocket to the front inside cover. My concern is what to make it from and how to hold on the binder. Any ideas for something sturdy and long lasting? Thanks.

By mindy from Terrebonne, OR

First they do sell those clear pockets in Staples. Second you can make out of transparency, or any large plastic pieces. If you don't care if it is clear, you can use any color file folder. But best to buy them at Staples already cut to size and self adhering.

I've done this before. Cut the pocket out of a plastic file folder in the shape of a triangle. Open binder and line up the left and bottom edges of the cut folder with the left and bottom edges of the binder. Staple in place about 1/4" in from the edge, along the left and bottom edges. Now use duct tape or other similar tape to cover the staples, inside and out.