Adult Cats Fighting Since Arrival of Kitten

I have two grown cats that I've had since they were kittens. I just got another kitten that I've had for 2 months. For the last week to 2 weeks one of my older cats is very protective of the kitten and fights the other grown cat when he gets near. What do I do about this? They brutal fights and I have 2 kids and I'm worried.

By Patrick from Middleburgh Heights, OH

I assure you I am no expert, but it looks like your cat has in a way adopted the kitten. Its like when a young calf's mother dies, another cow without a calf will feed the young calf and raise it as its own. I think your cat is attacking the other cat for getting near the kitten in a protective mothers point of view. I don't know of any way to stop the fighting. I wish I could be of more help. Try to separate them I guess... :(