Advice for Dog with Food Allergies

My dog is allergic to beef, lamb, and diary products. Can I feed her chicken and rice, as low allergic dog food is so expensive?

By Cinita

Best Answer

I am not sure that chicken and rice alone would meet all of his nutritional requirements. Please talk to your vet about the possibility of supplements.

My German Shepherd has terrible food allergies. The big one is wheat. You can give him chicken and rice, it's healthy. I have been feeding my dog Purina One Beyond (yellow bag) chicken and oatmeal. It's not terribly expensive like the others and I often find $2 coupons in the Sunday newspaper. It also contains apples, carrots and tomatoes. It's dry food. My dog eats about 4 cups a day. Maybe you could make your chicken and rice and add a little of the One Beyond for crunch, that way he will get the "doggie" nutrients he needs.