DollsCollectibles

Age of a Porcelain Doll

How old is this doll? Apparently, it was owned by my great-grandmother and brought to my grandparents' house when she died. That's what my mother remembers. It appears to be machine stitched, but I am not sure.

What year was your great grandmother born? If the doll was new when it was given to her as a child, you have some idea how old it is. If it was handed down to her, it is even older. Take it to a doll dealer.

You should try to find some identifying markings on it. That would help you determine how old it is.

She is very unusual and looks like the face may be hand painted over the original face. I suggest gathering dates like your great grandmother's birth date and place of birth, and where she lived in her life and taking that info to a reputable doll dealer or antique dealer and have the person examine her to figure out who she is, her condition, and value. If the face is a paint over, it could diminish the value if you are thinking of selling. Post back what you learn.

Consumer Advice Collectibles DollsDecember 28, 2018
🌻
🎃
🎂