Almond Sauce Salmon with Citrus Veggies
The main star of my salmon dish is the almond sauce, which is really an homage to Thai and Indonesian inspired peanut sauces. I made this for my dear friend who is allergic to peanuts and it absolutely won him over. The almond sauce is so creamy and complex that the citrus veggies really cut through. This is a lovely pairing!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 2-3 servings
- 1 lb salmon
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup pearl onions, peeled
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 lemon
- 3 tsp soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 F. In a bowl, mix together the almond butter, 3 cloves minced garlic, soy sauce, honey sesame seed oil, and sesame seeds.
- Let sauce stand for 10 minutes for oils to permeate.
- Places salmon pieces on a lightly greased baking sheet. Spoon the almond sauce all over salmon. Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes, depending on the thickness of your fish.
- While the fish is baking, lightly grease a pan over medium-high heat and cook the onions, carrots, and celery. When the edges are a bit browned, add the chopped garlic. Stir well.
- When all the veggies are browned and tender, shut off the heat and add the soy sauce and juice of half a lemon. Stir well.
- Remove the salmon pieces from the baking pan. The crisped almond sauce that forms around the fish is divine, so scoop that up too! Plate fish and veggies together and serve immediately.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!