Antique Murphy Cedar Chest?

I bought this Cedar Chest for $25.00. On the back it says Murphy #23 in black letters and numbers. It also has wood handles. Can anyone tell me anything about it. Murphy has gone out of business.

I would like some History on the Cedar Chest. By the way it has wooden caster on underside. Size is 54" long, 21" wide, and 19" deep.

I have done research on some of my old furniture on the net - Google the name - you get pieces of information that you can put together to get some sort of picture of the item - works for a lot of stuff....

Could this be a case for a 'Murphy' bed?
54" is full size. Bed was stored out of sight until needed.

Hi My name is Lawson Murphy. My family manufactured cedar chests from 1946-2004. We shut down manufactering due to Chinese competition. The cedar chest that you have last sold wholesale around $180.

You get a bargain at $25. We manufactured over a million pieces during the lifetime of Murphy Manufacturing. The style you have was the largest cedar chest we made. It could have been bought at Farmers Furniture in the South Georgia area.

I have a table marked murphy 6006 from owensboro, ky. Any infomon that

I have a Murphy Cedar Chest model 23. I would like to know when and where these pieces were manufactured. I recently saw a cedar chest with the model number 23L on it. Please tell me more about this model.

John Miller

Hi Mr. Murphy I have a Cedar chest with number 4150 on the back.
Could you tell me anything about the model? I would also like to know any information you could give me on the history of Murphy manufacturing CO. where it was located, when it closed and where I might find documents, advertising etc.

Thank you: Chris G.
eBay ID SGMD4555

Hi I was wondering where I might find a key for my Murphy 19? My mom passed away and the chest I remember having my grandmother clothes and things in it but I can't seem to find what my mom did with it! I don't want to have to knock the lock out and mess it up

Anonymous

I have one also. Following. Murphy 23 with small tray inside

I have what looks like a Murphy solid cedar chest that was built by my uncle while he was in high school about 1915. 24W x 48L x 26D
How can I find out it's worth.

I have a Murphy cedar chest with the number 20 on the back. It is 48 inches long 20 inches wide and 19 1/2 inches deep.

I received this from my father in law as a gift in June 1969. It was given to me as a hope chest. My then boyfriend and now ex husband was in Viet Nam. I still have this chest.

I bought a Murphy solid cedar chest for $30 on the back it has the numbers 138967 and 54 Murphy.can some one please tell me how much it's worth?

Consumer Advice Collectibles AntiquesNovember 3, 2006
📓
🐛
😷
🌻
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Antique-Murphy-Cedar-Chest.html