Autumn Craft Ideas For Kids

As the days grow cooler, the kids have more time for inside projects. This page contains autumn craft ideas for kids.

My kids love bringing the outdoors inside, but I prefer the outdoors (rocks, leaves, dirt, sticks/branches, sand, etc.) to be outside. I suggested doing art with outdoors they could bring in and my son loved the idea.

I helped him with the background and he came up with the sticks, leaves, and flower arrangement himself.

Total Time: 20 minutes

Yield: 1 painting

• marker/dot marker
  • paper
  • leaves
  • sticks
  • flowers
  • glue

1. Draw, paint, or color the paper background. I used blue and green dot markers for the background.
  2. Advertisement

3. Collect sticks, leaves, or flowers of your choice to glue down on paper.
  4. Using glue, have your child arrange their art and glue down.
  5. Could be hung on bulletin board, refrigerator for display.

I love wooden shapes. They are so lifelike and cheap. I found this one for .25. I love string art, so I did this one night when I needed a simple craft to do. I hope you like it.

Yarn Embellished Wooden Maple Leaf - finished leaf hanging on the wall

The leaves are changing colors on the trees! What a perfect time to make a personalized fall place mat for your little ones! We made these last year and the leaf colors aren't as vibrant as they had been when we first made them.

two photo placemats with fall leaves

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Use your imagination and some paper, glue, and a marker to turn ordinary backyard leaves into whimsical note cards. Collect various leaves from your yard and/or trees. Artificial leaves work well too.

Creatures made from leaves.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Hang these beautiful autumn leaves from your ceiling to bring some of the outdoor beauty indoors this autumn season.

Autumn Leaves Ceiling Decoration

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

My toddler and I came up with this idea to help us get ready for fall. It serves as a beautiful suncatcher on a window.

The tissue paper glows with the natural light. It is so simple you can do this with any child over 2 years old.

finished sun catcher tree

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a page about making autumn leaf lantern. Colorful leaves are a common element of fall season decor.

Making Autumn Leaf Lanterns

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

This is a page about making tissue paper autumn trees. Colorful tissue paper is a good choice for making fun children's fall crafts.

Making Tissue Paper Autumn Trees

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Crafts Crafts For KidsSeptember 19, 2012
😎
📓
😷
🌻
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Autumn-Craft-Ideas-For-Kids.html