Avocado and Sweet Potato Brownies

Category Brownies
These flourless brownies are made from cooked sweet potatoes, avocado, peanut butter, and cocoa. While the texture is more fudgelike, they are especially tasty if eaten when frozen. The recipe and a couple of ingredient variations can be found below.

I changed a recipe that was shared to me on Facebook. The original recipe states it's a delicious healthy brownie and I wanted to try it. I didn't have maple syrup or coconut milk so I just substituted those with what I had on hand and added a little sugar for more sweetness. I also added pecans which gives it a nice crunch.

It turned out mushy, however, after chilling it, I was able to cut it into squares and freeze them. I eat them frozen. To me, it's a real treat and tastes like a combination of a Fudgesicle, semi-sweet fudge, and brownie. I love it. I think it's the chocolate that I have become addicted to.

• ½ cup mashed avocado
  • ½ cup baked sweet potato
  • ½ cup creamy peanut butter
  • 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
  • 2 Tbsp pancake syrup
  • 1 Tbsp sugar (not pictured) or more for desired sweetness
  • ¼ cup 2% milk
  • ½ cup chocolate chips
  • ½ cup chopped pecans

1. Preheat oven 325 degrees F. Line a 2 quart Pyrex dish or baking pan with parchment paper.
  2. Advertisement

3. Mash avocado and sweet potato until creamy.
  4. In a medium mixing bowl, blend all ingredients together except chocolate chips and pecans.
  5. When mixed well, add chocolate chips and pecans.
  6. Spread in baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.
  7. Cool and chill or freeze before cutting.
  8. Advertisement

9. Store the slices, separated with wax paper, in a freezer container and keep in the freezer. Serve as a frozen treat.

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Cookies BrowniesMay 28, 2020
🌻
👔
🎆
🐛
😎
😷

Generated 2020-06-01 05:25:56 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️