Background Information on an Antique Table Set

This table belonged to my husband's grandmother. There is the round pedestal table and this other half round piece that goes in front. I have not been able to find anything about it or the company that made it, Ashley- Rhodes out of Louisville, KY (is this the same as Ashley furniture).

What was the half round portion used for? I don't think this is quality furniture as you can scrape the wood finish off the edge with your fingernail. I would like to know more about it.

The seems to be a defunct company. I have seen tables like that. I dont think there is a special function for the half round portion. It is for decoration and enables you to put more stuff on the table.

Consumer Advice Collectibles Furniture Vintage FurnitureJune 17, 2019
🍂
🎄

Vintage FurnitureFurniture