Vintage FurnitureFurniture

Background Information on an Antique Table Set

This table belonged to my husband's grandmother. There is the round pedestal table and this other half round piece that goes in front. I have not been able to find anything about it or the company that made it, Ashley- Rhodes out of Louisville, KY (is this the same as Ashley furniture).

What was the half round portion used for? I don't think this is quality furniture as you can scrape the wood finish off the edge with your fingernail. I would like to know more about it.

The seems to be a defunct company. I have seen tables like that. I dont think there is a special function for the half round portion. It is for decoration and enables you to put more stuff on the table.