Vote for this contest contender!
Biko is a sweet delicacy served as snacks for occasions like Lenten season and in celebration of All Saint's and All Soul's day. They are also served on birthdays and during the Christmas season.
- 5 cups glutinous rice
- 3-4 liters coconut milk
- 1 kg brown sugar
- 1 small piece ginger
- 1/2 cup crushed roasted peanuts (optional)
- Steam glutinous rice. Set aside.
- In a large wok simmer coconut milk with strips of ginger.
- Add brown sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Let it simmer until it comes out very thick. This will be the sauce. We call it "Latik".
- Set aside a bowl of "latik".
- Put the steamed glutinous rice into the simmering "latik" and mix very well.
- Transfer into baking pans. Cover top with the remaining "latik".
- Sprinkle with crushed peanuts.
- Bake at 180 C for 10-15 minutes.
- Slice into squares and serve drizzled with extra sauce if you desire.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!