Banana Peel Sleepy Tea

contest winner icon
Don't throw away that banana peel! It will help you fall asleep tonight, for free! Just steep your clean, sticker-free peels in a pot of water for 10 minutes, sprinkle with cinnamon (optional), drink an hour before bedtime, and off you go.

Banana peels are loaded with magnesium and will help you deeply relax. I no longer buy sleeping pills or sleepy tea. By the way, it's super yummy!

After making tea, the peels can be composted!

My gosh, I have never heard of this. Going to try this very soon.

This is amazing, but I have a question - I am on a lot of meds due to heart issues, HBP and Diabetes 2. Is there any concern about contraindications? This is such a great idea and I almost always have banana peels handy.

Thank you for this recipe. I always have trouble falling asleep, can't wait to try! :)

Hi J'Marinde! My father has the same conditions (and probably similar medications) as you and uses this tea with no problems.

You could ask your doctor but from his experiences, I can tell you all is just fine.

I will definitely brew up a batch tonight. Sounds yummy!

I never heard this. I'll try this one.

I made it tonight. Found the tea was actually an unappetizing colour but tasted okay. I ate the banana but chose not to eat the peel. Didn't really care for the texture of the boiled banana and will probably use it in a smothie next time. I'm hoping to get a great sleep though:)