Barbecued Chicken

4
Share
Pin
6
Save
Follow
Print

For many years, we have enjoyed cooking outside on our Holland Grill, especially during the hot summer months. It cooks much like an oven with no open flame so cooking this chicken in a pan works great. It can also be baked in the oven as well.

My husband likes to get in the kitchen now and then and make BBQ chicken. He does not look at a recipe or measure anything, he just adds what he thinks is needed. However this time he measured so I could share his recipe on Thriftyfun. The chicken turned out perfectly.

Years ago, he started out using my recipe for BBQ chicken but the more he made it, the more he changed it and added other ingredients. I baked it in the oven and he even changed that. He cooked it on the Holland Grill. It really is good. Much better than my old recipe.

I'm glad to let him have the kitchen and cook anytime he desires but the BBQ sauce is about the only thing he enjoys making. He puts it all together and then lets me clean up the kitchen and do the cooking on the grill.

This recipe is good to use with barbeque pork as well. We haven't tried beef yet, but he's talking about that. I have heard that beef is what they barbeque in Texas and I'll bet it is good.

Prep Time: 20 minutes

Cook Time: 1 1/2 hours

Total Time: 2 hours

Yield: It's just the two of us so we eat it left over. It's good for several days or it can be frozen after cooking.

1. Rinse chicken thighs and trim off fat. (If using bone-in thighs, remove the skin and fat)
  2. Spray 9½" X 13" pan with Pam cooking spray. Place chicken thighs in pan.
  3. In a sauce pan, prepare sauce by mixing all remaining ingredients together except the Paprika. Place on stove and bring sauce to a boil.
  4. Pour the hot BBQ sauce over chicken thighs and sprinkle chicken with paprika.
  5. Set it aside. Let it marinate for a few minutes while heating the Holland grill or the oven.
  6. Place on grill and close lid. Cook chicken uncovered for 45 minutes. Raise lid and turn pan around, front to the back, and cook 45 more minutes.
  7. Sauce will thicken and chicken should be well done.
  8. If you bake it in the oven, set oven temperature at 325 F. Bake uncovered for 1 ½ hours.

This looks great. Thanks for posting.

Thank you. I hope you will try it.

I will have to try this! We have had a holland grill for years and they are amazing. Thanks for sharing.

Making me hungry just reading this. Yum yum.

Anonymous

I would have never thought to make bbq chicken in a pan like this! I cant wait to try it. Looks so yummy.

My 16 year old son made this for dinner the other night. The recipe was easy to follow and turned out great. He baked it in the oven since it was raining outside. We will definitely make it again. We all loved the hint of vinegar kick the bbq sauce had! Delicious!!

Food and Recipes Recipes BBQ & GrillMay 15, 2018
👔
🌻
🎆
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Barbecued-Chicken-1.html