Bathroom Sink Will Not Drain

I have plunged, used a zip with teeth, used Draino, and even "Liquid Lighting" (virgin sulfuric acid with 12 buffers) the drain won't drain.

By Cheryl R.

What worked for me is I took a thin piece of wire - one you would use for making flower stems and bent a little hook on the end. When I pulled it out of the sink drain, I could not believe the amount of hair that came out and now the sink drains very well. I hope this will solve your problem. I also did the same thing to the bath tub drain and now it also drains very well.

I would also try the little hook to see if there is hair stopping up the drain. If that doesn't work, I think it is time to call a plumber.

I use a seven inch crochet hook to clean out the hair which collects in the sink in my daughters bathroom

It might be that a root has crimped or broken the drain line outside the wall. If you know someone with a power washer, a very quick spritz of that kind of pressure might help, but ultimately it might be time for some professional help.

Good luck.