Clogged Bathroom Sink

My bathroom sink is clogged. I plunge it. It drains like a tornado. Next time I use it, it is clogged again. I have also tried drain cleaners and a snake. Now what?

By SP

Best Answer

You may have a root growing through your underground pipe. As a former manager, I found that to be the case in more than a few incidents.

Best Answer

You might have something in the drain that changes position each time you plunge it. This happened to me once when unbeknownst to me a hair dryer attachment fell in the toilet and was lodged deep inside the pipe. When the cylindrical piece was in line with the pipe the toilet flushed fine. But when it tilted out alignment the toilet backed up. They had to detach the toilet from the floor to figure it out.

Best Answer

I also wonder if there is not something stuck in the pipe, like a bottle cap or something, that you dislodge when you plunge, but that falls back into stuck position after. Try looking down the drain with a flashlight and see if there is something there. You may be able to get it out with a long magnet (if it is a metal something) or some sort of tweezers or tongs. If that doesn't work, I think you should call a plumber.

Try changing your toilet paper. The best tp for this problem is the Scott single ply.

I believe her sink is clogged, not her toilet as a few comments have suggested. If you have tried drainers and snake it sounds like you need to call a plumber.

I meant to say drain cleaners, not drainers!