Bleaching a Dress to Make It White

For Halloween I need a white dress. I have one that's the perfect style, but it's light purple. Is there any way I can make it white? How? Help! Tks

If the dress is of a natural fabric (cotton, linen) then I expect that you COULD bleach it. If any part of the dress is artificial (rayon, polyester) then I'm afraid that's impossible. And even with natural clothing, it is very difficult to do a bleaching/dyeing job and having the dress come out uniformly white.

If you do realize it is a natural fabric and yu want to go ahead and do it anyway, there are lots of tutorials online: http://diyfashi  Remove_Color.htm

Rit has a dye remover. You could try that.