AdviceOrganizing

Bridge Table with Cedar Boards

I recently had a small fold-up table between the two longer ones I have in my workroom. I kept hitting my knee on the leg, it would shake, coffee would slop, etc. Plus, I lost work space. I fixed this today.

Total Time: 1 Hour

1. I took down the cluttered, ineffectual table.
  2. Then I put the boards up, determining which side could use the "lion's share" of the overhang. It turned out the desk side won, the craft side got the smallest part of the board ends.
  3. After putting things underneath, I measured the cloth and cut it in half. Having lines to help trim the front helps, in case you need to do this.
  4. Then I loaded up the top. I can now turn my chair around without hitting the table. I have a work table for misc. things, my Kindle so I can multitask, and in-basket with craft planning box close. I am really happy with the way this turned out.
  5. Ad

6. NOTE: If you have a galley kitchen, you can do this temporarily between counter tops for extra room during the holidays! I did this once with just one board for the spices and dry goods I used every day and it make a huge difference.

Ya gotta love Americans! We will jump in and fix a quirky problem, at the slosh of a coffee cup!
Great job on the table, and I've got a perfect place for this!
I once got annoyed at the exposed pipes under my bathroom sink, so I bought 2 2"x8" boards and one of those DIY picture frames, and made an enclosure for my sink. Even made matching curtains for the window and the frame, all for $8 (in 1980... LOL).

Thank you Dee! Yep, we are pretty resourceful! I have done things like cap a waterbed with a jar lid from a medicine bottle!

Transformed an old lobster pot into a foot stool. And taken two soda caps and made a safe place for ear plugs. There isn't much we can't figure out how to do!!