Gold Answer Medal for All Time! 617 Answers
May 7, 2020
I found this in a very old Southern cookbook because I had some leftover buttermilk from another project. They are really delicious and soft and rise very well. I highly recommend this recipe.
- 1 qt buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 4 cups sifted flour
- 2 Tbsp corn meal
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp soda
- Preheat oven 400F. Grease muffin tins.
- Sift flour, corn meal, salt, and baking soda, three times.
- Cream sugar and eggs. Add milk.
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients.
- Beat mix hard for one minute.
- Bake at 400F for 20 minutes.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.