Buying Grandma Brown's Baked Beans

Your favorite regional brand foods can be very difficult to find if you move out of the area. This is a guide about buying Grandma Brown's baked beans.

Who sells Grandma Brown's baked beans on Long Island?

Marie

Answers

Best Answer

You can order it online at www.tasteofcny.com

Best Answer

Savor New York has added lots more New York-made products, including Grandma Browns, Brooks BBQ Sauce, Peppermint Pigs, Anchor Bar Wing Sauce and more. Visit the new website at www.savor-ny.com Check out the Do You Miss New York gift basket!

I am looking for locations to purchase Grandma's baked beans.

By Harold M.

Answers

Best Answer

I googled where to buy Grandma Brown's Baked Beans, and found several sites including Taste of CNY and Amazon. Cases were from $26-$28. These beans are the best, aren't they?

Who sells Grandma Brown's Baked Beans in the Ventura County, California area?

Answers

Walmart has them. Hopefully there is one near you. Amazon has them, too. If you have Prime, shipping is free.

Your local Walmart or on Amazon.

It's true you can purchase these from Amazon and many Walmart and even Public has these available and some stores, at your request, will sometimes order them for you.
My problem is that I do not like the "new" cans as well as I did years ago as they seem too "runny" for me as they were very thick in the past.
I now use a copycat recipe and make my own. Here is a link if you would like to check it out:

http://www.food … wns-beans-494315

I would like to purchase Grandma Brown's Baked Beans possibly from the factory located in Mexico, New York. Is this at all possible?
Thanks.

By Don from Arlington, TX

Answers

I would google that company and order it from their website somehow.

I am from Vermont and I now live in Titusville, Florida. I love Grandma Brown's baked beans and I was wondering where I could get them down here. Or if I could purchase them from the company? Thank you.

Karen from Titusville, FL

Answers:

Grandma Brown's Baked Beans

I am from NY, but live in Ohio, and each year when I visit home I stock up. I love mixing them with Bush's baked beans, catsup, mustard, a little brown sugar, and onions, then bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or so. Yum yum.

There is nothing else on the market like Grandma Brown's baked beans.
(06/30/2008)

By jean

Grandma Brown's Baked Beans

It looks like you can order them directly through Amazon.com. They sell them in either 6 count or 12 count. Hope this helps.

(06/30/2008)

By Julie

Grandma Brown's Baked Beans

newyorkstyledelli.com They will ship all over USA (07/02/2008)

By JIMBO

Grandma Brown's Baked Beans

(submitted via email)

Savor New York specializes in requests just like this one. Visit their website at www.savorny.org and click on Do You Miss New York? Or call them at 607-547-1870. They can get all kinds of New York products for people who have left the Empire State. Brenda (07/03/2008)

By jess_admin

I live in the Daytona Beach, Florida area for 6 months out of the year and am originally from New York State. I love Grandma Browns Baked Beans, and would like to know if there is anywhere in Florida that I could purchase this product. Thanks so much.

Junie S.

Answers:

Grandma Brown's Baked Beans

Go to your local Publix or Winn Dixie and ask them to get it for you. They are very receptive to getting products from up north. (05/03/2008)

By katluvsbears

Grandma Brown's Baked Beans

You can call 1-315-963-7221 and order them yourself.
I just ordered 24-16oz. cans for $55.00 and that includes shipping.
You can also log onto tasteofNewYork.com
Hope this helps you out. (05/03/2008)

By barrsbits

Grandma Brown's Baked Beans

I just love baked beans. Add a little molasses and brown sugar. Mmm. Upstate NY a great place to grow up but a better place to eat. G.M. beans, G.Lakes cheese curd. The ultimate cook out clams, salt potatoes, Hoffman hotdogs and Grandma Browns baked beans. Throw in a little fried haddock and a Genny light I might come back to stay. Still loving Raleigh NC, but spending my vacations loading up my goodies from Jefferson county.
(05/25/2008)

By Dennis

How can I find Grandma's Baked Beans? I found them in Thousand Islands, Alexandria Bay, NY this year on vacation. We love them and always look for them when we go out of state. I used to get them in New Jersey but no longer do they have them. Help us, were are addicted to them.

Gail From Oakridge, NJ

Answers:

Grandma Browns Baked Beans

I haven't tried Grandma's beans before but now I want to. Thanks for info I always buy Boston baked beans they are one of my favorites in the summer with fresh made potato salad and of course red hotdogs the best maine summer lunch.(06/18/2006)

By Maggie

Grandma Browns Baked Beans

www.MyBrandsInc.com (06/19/2006)

By Terri P. NY

Grandma Browns Baked Beans

Go to your nearest Walmart or big chain grocery store and ask them to get them most stores will try, take the address and phone number of the baked bean company. (06/22/2006)

By Trish

Grandma Browns Baked Beans

I have been looking for Grandma Brown's Baked Beans every since we moved here from Binghamton, NY.

Why can't we get a grocery chain to sell them here in the south? (07/02/2006)

By Rose NC

Grandma Browns Baked Beans

I was just searching and found you can order the beans by the case from Amazon.com. Seems like a reasonable price. I haven't ordered them yet, but I'm going to. I've been hauling them on airplanes from Syracuse to Tucson every vacation for years.
(08/03/2006)

By Brian in AZ

Grandma Browns Baked Beans

I grew up in Mexico, NY and I was reading one comment and they stated GBBB's were made in Fulton, NY- Well They are not for they come from Mexico, NY. My grandmother at one time worked for GBBB's, when she was alive. My sister came to visit and forgot to bring some beans to Colorado. I also miss the cheese from back home. (08/10/2006)

By Dug H

Grandma Brown's Baked Beans

Wegman's in Mt. Laurel & Cherry Hill, NJ carries the Grandma's brand. I saw it for the first time a few months ago when the store 1st opened.

Anyone in desperate need of a can..... e-mail me, I'll hook you up. LOL. I shop there all the time!

fixfamily5 AT M S N . c_o_m (08/16/2006)

By Gina

Grandma Brown's Baked Beans

Grandma's Brown Beans
P.O.Box 230
Mexico,N.Y. 13114
315-963-7221
brownsbeans@aol.com (08/16/2006)

By Dean

hoffman hot dogs

I believe it is hoffmansausage.com where you can find the best hot dog ever made. (09/01/2006)

By Bruce

Grandma Brown's Baked Beans

hometownfavorites.com but they only carry the 16 oz. can. (10/18/2006)

By Julie

Grandma Brown's Baked Beans

Go to this site and you'll not only find Grandma Brown's but a bunch of other Central New York Goodies!

https://secure3.nyhost.net/~tasteofcny/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=38 - 29k - (01/03/2007)

By Beverly

Grandma Brown's Baked Beans

Of all places - the new WalMart on Route 23N in Riverdale has them (at least they did last month) Good Luck (04/17/2007)

By Bruce

Grandma Brown's Baked Beans

http://www.wegmans.com/
You can also go to the local Wegman's grocery store to the baked bean aisle for a can. Unfortunately, Wegman's is only an east coast grocery chain. (07/09/2007)

By Marie

Grandma Brown's Baked Beans

Price Chopper in New York has them. (07/11/2007)

By Paul.

Grandma Brown's Baked Beans

Grandma will ship the beans to you. I have them shipped out all the time. (07/24/2007)

By D Murray In AZ

Grandma Brown's Baked Beans

Though I no longer live in Mexico, NY, where I grew up, I recently visited this lovely, quiet village with my children. I took my kids on my typical childhood bike ride, which included a trip past the Grandma Brown's Baked Beans plant. I recalled waving to employees on break, friends of my parents, fellow Mexiconians. Please purchase these beans. You'll not only love them - and their health benefits, you'll be helping a beautiful American village thrive! (07/26/2007)

By A Mexiconian

Grandma Brown's Baked Beans

I ordered some from Home Town Favorites and the 6 cans plus shipping was about $40 or about $6.56 a can and to all of those people who've never had them? It's worth it! The problem I had was that half my order was dented cans, and the box they arrived in was perfect. So for some reason these mail order places are selling us dented cans. I guess we're easy targets being thousands of miles away but doing that to long-lost fans of specialty foods from childhood is sort of cruel if you ask me. I'm not sorry I tried tho and half the cans are okay. I may not order again, not sure yet... waiting for feedback on my dented cans now.
(08/04/2007)

By Deedee

Grandma Brown's Baked Beans

I'm a Syracuse native, nice place to grow up but just don't want to live there any longer. Opened a small restaurant in Scottsdale, AZ (New York Sausage Company) and I serve Hofmann's franks and coneys, Hofmann's mustard, New England style hot dog buns, Wise potato chips and GB baked beans! They're lovin' 'em out here! (08/12/2007)

By Sharon

Grandma Brown's Baked Beans

Well - I wanted to update on my dented cans since I mentioned them. They've agreed to send me more cans at no cost and they've arrived, so they made good on that although 25% of the new cans are dented as well, so there seems to be some sort of problem with shipping dented cans. There were also quite a few communications breakdowns with Hometown Favorites, but I ended up on top so it's hard to complain about that at this point.

Also - keep in mind that my comment about $6.50 a can was including shipping them out of the country, so if you're in the States, your overall price should be much lower. You can even order them on Amazon.com as long as you're shipping to the States.

I also heard that you can buy them directly by calling Grandma Brown's Baked Beans in Mexico, New York. (That's upstate on the eastern shore of Lake Ontario between the lake and Adirondack Park for those that didn't know we had a city named Mexico in New York State.) Although I didn't call them to confirm that they ship directly.
(08/21/2007)

By Deedee

Grandma Brown's Baked Beans

I grew up on Grandma Brown Baked Beans - my career has taken me all over, but only in NY can you find these wonderful beans. I now live in Georgia, but once or twice a year I travel to the Binghamton NY area to collect all of my "goodies" that you can't get elsewhere (Spiedie Sauce, 2 lb bricks of HeluvGood Cheeses, Salt Potatoes) and the Utica NY area for homemade Polish Sausage and all sorts of other items, including hot peppers, saurerkraut, real "horseradish". I always take several coolers with me so that I don't worry about spoilage before I can get it back to GA. Just keep it covered 7x24 with fresh ice, don't let water set in and all will be great to put right into your freezer! Since I used to live in Landing, NJ, I can tell you that trip was about 2-1/2 hours to the Binghamton area. So if its beans you crave, a short weekend trip will do the trick - just check out all of the other local specialties as well! (08/22/2007)

By Deborah

Grandma Brown's Baked Beans

Wegman's in Woodbridge NJ sells them. (09/10/2007)

By In NJ

Grandma Brown's Baked Beans

In any Legman's grocery store which is in New York, Virginia, etc. (09/30/2007)

By MELISSA.

Grandma Brown's Baked Beans

I'm also from Utica, NY and now live in Florida. We can't find them down here. Anyone have a recipe? (10/06/2007)

By Melissa

Grandma Brown's Baked Beans

Check out Ontario Orchards web site. That is a great place to buy them. I just returned to TN from NY and stopped there to buy my Hoffman hotdogs and Grandma Brown's Baked Beans and cheese curds. hehe. You can find them at ontarioorchards.com (10/08/2007)

By Upstate NY'er

Grandma Brown's Baked Beans

No recipes yet, but here are the ingredients:

Grandma Brown's Baked Beans:
Water, Navy Beans, Brown Sugar, Bacon, Salt and Baking Soda

Grandma Brown's Bean Soup:
Water, Navy Beans, Onions, Bacon, Brown Sugar, Corn Starch, Salt and Pepper

I'm going to figure out exactly what the right amounts are for these ingredients. If it won't get anybody in legal trouble I'll post the recipes here. I'll probably be doing the soup first. (11/13/2007)

By Dave

Grandma Brown's Baked Beans

Okay, here's the soup, as near as I can tell. If you share the recipe, don't violate their trademark. I have a pretty good idea what the baked bean recipe is going to look like now, but I won't be able to try it until I finish off four quart jars of this soup.

My Grandma's Bean Soup:

• 12 cups water
  • 1 lb. navy beans
  • 1 large onion, diced
  • 1/2 lb. sliced bacon
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup corn starch
  • 1 tbl. salt
  • 1 tsp. pepper

Rinse beans in cold water. Pick out any small pebbles, insects and other non-bean objects. Soak beans overnight in six cups of water in a two-quart (or bigger) saucepan.

Bring beans to boil and simmer for two hours.

Slice sliced bacon crosswise into very thin strips and fry in a four-quart (or bigger) saucepan on high until it sizzles. Add diced onion and stir until blanched. Reduce heat, then add the boiled beans. Bring the mixture to a boil and stir in the brown sugar. Cover and simmer for an hour, stirring frequently to avoid burning.

Add the remaining six cups of water, adding the corn starch to the last two cups. Stir briskly while adding the corn starch mixture to avoid forming lumps. Add salt and pepper and stir.

Makes about 1 gallon. (11/15/2007)

By Dave

Grandma Brown's Baked Beans

The last time I saw Grandma Brown's was in Scanton Pennsylvania at Wegmens. (Sept. 2007) I never gave it a thought to pick up some, I was so intent on getting the Hofmann hot dogs and New Hope pancake mix.

I ended up with 9 lbs. of hot dogs and am very picky about who gets them! I'm also from upstate New York and you just like what you like. keukalaker (01/13/2008)

By keukalaker

Grandma Brown's Baked Beans

You can order them on Taste of new york.com (01/24/2008)

By bruce williams

Grandma Brown's Baked Beans

Does anyone remember the recipe for Grandma Browns Baked Beans with pineapple? I think it was canned crushed pineapple. (01/25/2008)

By Dee

Grandma Brown's Baked Beans

You can order them direct from the company. Call 1-315-963-7221. I just ordered 24 of the 16oz. cans of baked beans for $55.00. That included shipping. (01/28/2008)

By Anonymous

Grandma Brown's Baked Beans

Woe is me. I live in MA but came from Syracuse and was raised on Grandma Brown's, Hoffman coneys, Boulevard Fish Fry, fish sandwichs,and Hinderwadels Salt Potatoes, none of which exist in my world now. Grandma Brown's have shelf space in local Price Chopper Stores but the shelves are always empty. Sometimes they show up here in the P.C. store in Worcester.

I understand that Hoffman hot dogs, or any other brand for that matter, that aren't manufactured in MA, can't be sold in MA (where is my "don't tread on me flag?), and for good fish fry there is only the option of a trip to Syracuse - sigh. I do periodically make "buying" runs. Need something - I'm at MEDCU in the aol place - write. (02/03/2008)

By Dusty W.

Grandma Brown's Baked Beans

You can try: http://aroundtownmarket.com/home.php?cat=359

You can get Beans, Salt Potatoes, and Hofmann's hot dogs and snappys.
Good stuff!
(03/06/2008)

By pfowler140

Grandma Brown's Baked Beans

http://www.tasteofcny.com/product...

You can order from above. (04/03/2008)

I need to know where I can find Grandma's Browns Baked Beans down south. My mother brings them from PA when she comes down here. I never noticed them in our area.

I'm looking for Grama Brown's Baked beans. I live in the south now and I'm from Upstate New York (Geneva). Can they still be purchased up North?