Buying Organic Flour

Organic food products are becoming more and more popular. This is a guide about buying organic flour.

I have been diagnosed with hemochromatosis and need to find flour that has not been fortified with iron since my body does not get rid of iron so I do not need to add any more. Any one know a source of non fortified flour?
By Russ

Answers

Two suggestions where I would try:
1)Ask the owner or knowledgable clerk at any and all healthfood stores in your area.
2)Search on the Web for King Arthur flour and any and all brand names that are carried in your grocery store. Ask them.
Have you asked the doctor who diagnosed you with this condition where to get this kind of flour?
Good luck.

For the person who is having the medical condition that requires her to use non-fortified flour,my friend has this same medical condition and she purchases her non-fortified flour from the local health food store.Hopefully the health food stores in your area carry this type of flour,and if they don't ask them to order it for you. Another idea is to ask your doctor for other ideas on where you can purchase it in your area. -Kitty Wuerl