Buying Tom Rubel Retired Angels?

Do you know where I might find Rubel's Heavens Retired Angels?

Shari from Kalamazoo, MI

Answers

By Tom Kirwan (Guest Post)

Try:
www.treasures-usa.com/retiredangels.htm

By Chris (Guest Post)

I'm getting ready to list some on ebay right now.

I have almost the whole collection except 2 or 3. I would never have thought I would get rid of any of them but TIMES ARE HARD right now so....what 'CHA NEED. pamvic2003

I need the angel granny's at bedtime. I have all the rest, and just want to complete the set. Help, Ken G.

I have 2 retired angels both in mint condition 4 sale. One is item #44018 (MsLucy&msLily) and the other is Item #sc44002 (Ms Privy)

Im looking for Lucy and Lillty.

Heaven's Retired Angels Ms Knitting "Stitch One..., and the retired angel holding a pie. Do you have these. Cathy Wilson

There are several selling on eBay right now. You can also put an alert on eBay and they will tell you each time a figurine comes up for sale.

I am interested in Lucy and Lily on a bench

Is this still avail

6 More Questions

Where can I find Mr. Go Far? I have been searching for this one for years. I originally bought it for my daughter after her grandpa died, it broke and I never knew the name of the artist or figurine to search for one until recently.

Any help appreciated.

Answers

Ebay and Worthpoint have him all the time. Sometimes you have to look through all of the Retired Angel auctions because people do not always know the names of the pieces they list.

It looks like he may be in this lot from eBay. Sometimes you can work with sellers to pull one from a auction. for a price. It can't hurt to ask.

Post back if you find it!

www.ebay.com/.../113732597119?hash=item1a7afdb57f...

This one is on worthpoint. www.worthpoint.com/.../tom-rubel-heavens-retired-angels...

You have to make an account to see what it sold for.

I did not see any on eBay at this time. If you put an alert on, you will be notified when one comes up for sale.

Anonymous

Do you have to pay to go on worthpoint?

I am disappointed that the seller won't break up the set. If it sits for a week or two, you may want to try back. Maybe the seller isn't a sale in the hand kind. I always do that for people. Sad.

You can check back to eBay daily just by brand since people don't always name their figurines.

So I need to apologize. I should not have mentioned worthpoint. It was Ebth I meant which is a buying site. Worthpoint is a resource site that you used to be able to visit for free. Then they changed it to a fee. I feel bad... said one thing and meant an other. I have never bought from Ebth so I am not sure how it works.

I am sorry that I gave you misinformation. I hope you find it soon or the eBay person changes his/her mind.

One last suggestion...Etsy is now selling a lot of vintage items. I am not overly familiar with the site, except for a failed attempt to sell off a hugs box of new in the pack zippers and some unopened sewing patterns on the site (it used to only be for craft supplies and crafted items--now they are trying to compete with eBay with selling vintage glass and such).

Someone may have it there also.

The important thing to do in your search is just put in the brand --not necessarily the piece's title. I say this because this new crop of sellers are totally clueless and they may know the brand but not the piece name. You may even need to search just by the description...white figurine male or white figurine pocket watch...seriously...some of the new sellers are just that clueless what they are selling.

Hopefully you will find one that is extra clueless and has no idea of the value and you can get it for a few dollars.

The worry with the clueless sellers is they will ship it without any packing materials--true story I just saw a buyer who was dealing with a first time seller who sold a glass figurine in a Tyvek mailer (NO BOX) with one swath of bubble wrap around it. She showed a photo of the glass sticking out of the Tyvak and the piece was a pile of shards. I am surprised her mailman didn't get cut up.

So my word of caution is kindly remind the seller to pack it well--double box and multiple layers of bubble wrap or double box in packing peanuts.

I sure hope you find it. If I get out to the flea this weekend and see one I will message you. Every now and then they show up in the strangest places!!

Answer this Question

I was out thrifting and found this beautiful sculpture. I've searched and haven't located any info about it. It's described as "Studio Collection: Heavenly Angels by Tom Robel "We Shall Always Follow You" SCI 1999.

Any idea of value?

Answers

Ive seen one for $175 on eBay. Go to eBay and follow Tom Rubel for several weeks and see what they actually sell for.

Wow! I thought I knew all the Rubels, but I have never seen this one before. I was out of retail by 1999 is probably why, but I would have thought I would have seen it in my travels.

Perhaps this auction site, which seems to sell a lot of these (or lat least they list a lot at high prices), may be able to tell you what you have and the value.

www.bathantiquesonline.com/contact.htm

Please post back what you learn. I am so curious about this one! Thanks!

Answer this Question

I'm looking to purchase a collectible by Tom Rubel titled 'Bedtime at Granny's'. It's a combination of the Retired Angel line and the Heavenly Angel line. Please contact me if you know of anyplace I might find one. Thanks!

Kurt from Indianapolis, IN

Answers

Assuming you've tried Ebay by the name of the maker and the name of the piece-- plus the names of the collection.
that's the best I can think of off the top.
good luck

I Have Bedtime at Granny's and she's beautiful! Interested? Should still have the box she came in too. I have almost all of them exsept maybe two. Make me an offer

Answer this Question

Does anyone know if there is a website where I can view or find out how many of the Tom Rubel Heaven's Retired Angels were actually made? I have a few of them and am interested in collecting more but have no idea how many of them there actually are.

By JanetM

Answers

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_trkparms=65%253A12%257C66...

These are on eBay right now. Hope that helps. PBP

Answer this Question

By accident I broke my friend's Ms. Goldie. I have searched on eBay and everywhere. She is the older lady with the hair bun holding a crystal ball. Thanks everyone.

By Kim A.

Answer this Question

I am looking for a Rubel Angel called "Bedtime at Granny's". Thanks.

By judy graber from Pretty Prairie, KS

Answer this Question
Consumer Advice Collectibles MiscellaneousNovember 29, 2013
🎃
🎂
😷
🌻
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Buying-Tom-Rubel-Retired-Angels.html