Main DishesRecipes

Cabbage Kidney Bean Quinoa

Here is another healthy alternative method of eating quinoa with cabbage (dash of soy sauce) and kidney beans. This will last in the refrigerator for a week for lunch. You can eat as is or paired with your choice of protein.

Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 5 minutes + quinoa cooking time

Total Time: 20 minutes + quinoa cooking time

Yield: 12 medium bowls

1. Cook quinoa (follow instructions per your packaging). I used 4 cups of quinoa. Time varies depending on your cooking method.
  2. Wash and chop your cabbage.
  3. In a large over medium heat, add oil. Sauté cabbage with dash of soy sauce for a few minutes.
  4. Once your quinoa is finished cooking toss with cooked cabbage and a can of kidney bean.

I found some gluten free soy sauce and I'll have to try it using your method for cooking a little cabbage for the two of us. I never saut'ed it before.

I'm not crazy about quinoa but knowing that it's very nutritious, I'm always on the lookout for ways and means to dress it up. I saw your recipe here and thought to try it, but not having cabbage in the house, I substituted with bok choy and added some browned sesame seed. It turned out delicious. Thanks.